Marinated Cheese Wreath
This marinated cheese wreath of your favorite cheeses topped with a mixture of olives, roasted red peppers, onions, herbs, and balsamic vinegar is the easiest and most festive holiday appetizer!
We are right in the thick of holiday party season, which is both so very fun but also sometimes stressful. If you’ve got a few more gatherings still ahead of you, I’m here to help! This marinated cheese wreath is the answer to all of your prayers. It’s got maximum appeal with minimal effort. All you need is a knife, a cutting board, and 15 minutes.
Plus, uh hello, look at all that gorgeous cheese!
Start with your Favorite Cheese
You can honestly use whatever kind of cheese you like, but here are a few suggestions:
I used cheddar and mozzarella for the cheese wreath pictured in this post.
Add a Quick and Easy Topping
Now of course, this recipe isn’t all about the cheese. It’s the mixture on top that elevates this cheese platter into something worthy of even the fanciest party. It’s made with:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Roasted red peppers
- Salt and pepper
Mix it all together, pour it over the cheese, and then wait. (Waiting is the hardest part!)
Give it a Quick Chill
Waiting is the hardest part! You can serve it right away, but I recommend covering and chilling the cheese and topping for 1-2 hours before serving. You can also prepare it up to 24 hours in advance.
How to Serve this Marinated Cheese Wreath
Serve this cheese wreath with crackers, bread, or a toasted baguette. Since I originally created this recipe I’ve found that it’s better to slice the cheese small (they’re rather big in these photos) so they can be easily scooped up with a spoon or fork.
More Holiday Appetizers
- Spinach-Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
- Pecan and Gouda Cheese Ball with Cranberries
- Mini Mushroom Tarts
- Loaded Baked Potato Bites
Shop Tools for this Recipe
Recipe originally published December 2016.
Marinated Cheese Wreath
- 2 lbs assorted cheeses , thickly sliced (I used sharp cheddar and mozzarella)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper , chopped
- ¼ cup olives , chopped
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Crackers or toast , for serving
- Arrange cheese slices in a ring on a large platter.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the cheese slices.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Serve with toasted bread or crackers.
Disclosure: This recipe was originally sponsored by Cache Valley Cheese. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I love and believe in, which make Completely Delicious possible. All opinions are 100% my own, as always. For more information about Cache Valley Cheese, visit their website.