These are the best chewy oatmeal cookies!
This recipe was developed in partnership with Go Bold With Butter.
They’re not fancy. They’re not even pretty. They’re just basic drop cookies filled with oats and a hint of cinnamon. Dessert possibly couldn’t get any less sophisticated.
But sometimes simple is best, and these oatmeal cookies really are the best. They’re chewy, buttery, and I dare you to stop at just one.
I made these cookie for Go Bold With Butter as part of their “best of” recipe collection. I must have baked half a dozen batches of oatmeal cookies (no complaining here!) to get these just right, and I think I did pretty darn good.
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- Optional add-ins: 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in large bowl with hand-held mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oats. Add to butter mixture all at once and mix on low until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared sheet pan, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges just begin to turn golden, about 9-11 minutes. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Disclosure: This recipe was made with Real® Butter in partnership with the American Butter Institute. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands and campaigns I believe in, which make it easier for me to bring you new and creative content. All opinions are always my own. To see all of the recipes I have created for Go Bold with Butter, click here.