Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
A simple cozy main dish of juicy pan-fried chicken and creamy fettuccini alfredo pasta.
You just can’t beat a classic pasta dish like chicken fettuccine alfredo. This may not be a ground-breaking recipe, but boy is it delicious. It doesn’t get any more comforting, rich or indulgent that this!
Plus, this is an easy meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes with just 5 ingredients, and it’s sure to please the whole family.
Table of Contents
- Ingredients you’ll need
- How to make chicken fettuccine alfredo
- A few tips for this recipe
- Make it a complete meal
- More alfredo recipes
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this chicken fettuccine alfredo (full recipe below):
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Dried fettuccine pasta
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to make chicken fettuccine alfredo
- Pan-fry chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and cooked all the way through, about 5-8 minutes per side. Set aside and slice when slightly cooled.
- Prepare alfredo sauce. In the same pan, melt butter with cream and half of the parmesan cheese. Stir until smooth and thickened slightly.
- Cook pasta. While you prepare the chicken and alfredo sauce, cook the fettuccine pasta in a pot of salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain.
- Toss it all together. Add the drained pasta to the alfredo sauce along with the sliced chicken and remaining parmesan cheese. Add reserved pasta water a little at a time as needed to loosen up the sauce.
- Serve immediately. And enjoy! (I know you will.)
A few tips for this recipe
- If chicken breasts are particularly thick, use the bottom of a heavy glass or jar to gently pound to about 1-inch thick. Thinner chicken breasts will cook more evenly in less time.
- For best results, shred your own parmesan cheese instead of purchasing grated parmesan cheese. Packaged grated or shredded cheese have additives to prevent clumping, which will also prevent even melting.
- Creamy pasta sauces like alfredo do not reheat well and are best consumed while still fresh. However, if you need to reheat it, add a little milk or cream (or more reserved pasta water) as you gently reheat it on the stove over medium low heat. It won’t be as creamy as it once was, but it will still be delicious!
Make it a complete meal
Add these sides to this chicken fettuccine alfredo to make it a completely delicious meal:
- The Best Homemade Caesar Salad
- Buttery Garlic Green Beans
- Pesto Parmesan Pull-Apart Breadsticks
- Lemon Olive Oil Cake
More alfredo recipes
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon butter , divided (127 grams)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts (2 medium, 454 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta (454 grams)
- 1 cup heavy cream (227 grams)
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese (200 grams)
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the 1 tablespoon of butter. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet.
- Cook chicken until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Flip and cook until the other side is brown and chicken is cooked through, another 5-8 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and let cool slightly, then slice and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add remaining ½ cup butter and heavy cream, stirring to combine. Stir in 1 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, while you prepare the chicken and sauce, cook the fettuccine in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the fettuccine and sliced chicken breast to the skillet with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Toss until well coated with the sauce. Add the cooking liquid a little at a time if needed to loosen up the sauce. Serve immediately.