Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
This rich and creamy pumpkin alfredo pasta is made with canned pumpkin puree and a dash of nutmeg.
Pumpkin isn’t just for desserts! And if I’m being honest, I actually prefer savory pumpkin dishes to sweet ones. (Shhh, don’t tell anyone.)
This pumpkin fettuccine alfredo is so quick and easy to throw together any night of the week. It’s a cozy fall-themed fettuccine alfredo I think everyone can get behind.
There’s the rich pumpkin cream sauce scented with fresh nutmeg, lots of parmesan cheese, and a topping of toasted pine nuts and crispy sage— what’s not to love?
Just 6 ingredients and 15 minutes
This creamy pumpkin alfredo pasta couldn’t be easier to make! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fettuccine pasta
- Heavy cream
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Parmesan cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
While the pasta is boiling, make a quick sauce with the butter, cream, pumpkin puree, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg. If you have everything prepped and ready to go, this dish takes just 15 minutes.
Top with crispy sage and toasted pine nuts
This pasta is delicious as it is, but if you want to kick it up a notch, top with crispy butter-fried sage and toasted pine nuts. And don’t forget more parmesan cheese!
These toppings take just a few minutes of work in another pan while the pasta and sauce are cooking (you can also make them ahead).
First, toast the pine nuts and set aside. Then, melt butter and fry the sage leaves on each side for about 1 minute. The sage and pine nuts add a lot of flavor and texture, and help take this creamy pumpkin alfredo pasta from busy weeknight fare to fancy enough to serve at your next dinner party!
Make it a complete meal
This pumpkin pasta would go great with maple dijon brussels sprouts and/or a classic caesar salad. Breadsticks are always a great accompaniment too!
This was created with my friends at Go Bold With Butter. Click here to see the original recipe, and click here to see all of the delicious recipes I’ve made for them over the years.
Shop Tools for this Recipe
Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup butter , divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese , plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions until al dente. Strain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add cream and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir until combined.
- Add drained pasta and toss in sauce. If sauce is too thick, add reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time until smooth; keep warm over low heat while making the topping.
To make toppings:
- Add pine nuts to a dry skillet and toast over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until nuts are lightly golden brown, stirring often. Remove pine nuts from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in pan. Add sage leaves and fry 1-2 minutes until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Serve pasta topped with toasted pine nuts, sage leaves and additional parmesan cheese.
6 Comments on “Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta”
I love this pasta!
This looks absolutely delicious, and so easy to make!!
WOW! This looks gorgeous AND delicious!
Sana Jefferies: ado stunt cars 2
Nice collection of recipes that makes cooking great. Pasta it’s just for me!
This is truly a great and easy recipe. Thanks for sharing it! I love pastal!
This is truly a great and easy recipe. Thanks for sharing it! I will make it for my children next weeken!