This sheet pan sausage and potatoes is a simple one-pan meal that’s done in 30 minutes!
Does the internet need another sheet pan dinner recipe? Maybe not, but I make this sheet pan sausage and potatoes dinner for my family almost weekly, and I just had to share it with you. If you haven’t yet discovered how easy and delicious a meal like this is, then it’s time to get in the know!
All you have to do is throw some sausage, potatoes, and onion on a sheet pan along with a few spices for flavor and bake it until everything is cooked through and slightly caramelized. All the flavors mingle together on the sheet pan and it just turns out SO TASTY. Serve this easy meal all by itself or add a simple veggie side!
You’ll need these ingredients
Here’s how to get started:
- Link sausage— You can use pork, beef, turkey, etc. or a combination. I’ll often chop up a large fully cooked smoked beef sausage or kielbasa, but you can use whatever you’d like! You can even use uncooked sausage, but you’ll just want to make sure it fully cooks through, which may increase baking time.
- Potatoes— I like to use golden or yellow potatoes because you don’t have to peel them like you do with russets.
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Rosemary— Fresh or dried.
- Salt and pepper
Only 5 minutes of prep!
This one-pan meal couldn’t be simpler:
- Chop— Make sure the sausage and veggies are the same size so they’ll cook evenly.
- Mix— I like to mix everything in a bowl to make sure it’s all evenly coated, but you can mix right on the sheet pan if you’d like.
- Dump— Once it’s all on the sheet pan, spread it into an evenly-spaced single layer.
- Bake— The potatoes should be cooked through after 25-30 minutes, but check them as needed. You can also give everything a stir halfway through baking if you’d like.
While you can serve this sheet pan sausage and potatoes all by itself, I like to add a vegetable side dish like a caesar salad, green beans, or glazed carrots. Sometimes I’ll even add a little something extra on top like a fried egg or a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
While the combination of sausage, potatoes, and onions is the most common way I make this meal, occasionally I’ll switch up the veggies. Feel free to sub any of the following vegetables for some or all of the potatoes and onions.
- Sweet potatoes
You can also get away with adding a bit more to the pan (1-2 cups max) if you want to add the above veggies without reducing the potatoes and onions in my recipe. Just note that if the pan is too crowded the vegetables and sausage will actually steam together instead of browning. You definitely want browning— that’s where all the flavor is! Everything should be in a single layer on the pan and have a little breathing room around it.
Watch the video
Shop Tools for this Recipe
Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 lb link sausage , chopped (can be pork, beef, turkey or combination)
- 1 ½ lb potatoes , chopped
- ½ red onion , chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Add sausage, potatoes, and vegetables to a large bowl. Add olive oil and seasonings and mix until combined.
- Spread into an even layer on the sheet pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked all the way through, stirring the pan halfway through.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the fridge.
- For even cooking, chop sausage and veggies roughly the same size.
- Feel free to sub other vegetables for the potatoes and onions. You can even add up to 1-2 cups of more veggies if you like.