I’ve been on the hunt for the best chocolate chip cookies for a long time and these come pretty darn close to perfect. One day a coworker brought in these cookies that completely blew me away. They made me look at chocolate chip cookies in a whole new way. Often I think chocolate chip cookies are boring, unoriginal, and overdone.
Not these cookies. They are not boring. They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside and are loaded with tons of oozing chocolaty goodness. I hesitated sharing the recipe for a moment because then the secret would be out. But then I decided that since the owner of this recipe was generous enough to share it with me, I should do the same. So here you go, use this information wisely.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon molasses
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (2 packages) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the shortening, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beating after each. Add the vanilla and molasses.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Next add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon by large tablespoon onto the cookie sheet. They're going to be big, so only put six on a tray. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.