Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
This chicken bacon ranch pasta is an easy meal the whole family will love. It’s filled with chicken breast, crispy bacon, fresh herbs, and smothered with a rich sour cream sauce.
If I’m being honest, a bowl of cozy pasta is my ideal weeknight meal. This chicken bacon ranch pasta is my latest weeknight meal dream come true, and I know you’re going to love it as much as I do.
It requires just 8 ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to get it on the dinner table. You can’t beat that! Plus, it’s just so darn good. This pasta combines chicken, bacon and pasta with a ranch-flavored sauce made with sour cream, garlic, and fresh herbs. My family devoured it in minutes!
What’s in this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Chopped chicken breast
- Crispy bacon
- Penne pasta— other short pasta will work just as well
- Fresh herbs like dill and chives— you can use dried herbs if you prefer
- Rich and creamy sauce made with butter, sour cream and garlic
How to Make it
- Cook pasta till al dente and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook bacon till crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Brown chicken in bacon drippings till cooked through. Set aside with bacon.
- To make the sauce, melt butter in the skillet, then add minced garlic and sour cream and stir until smooth.
- Combine everything in the skillet— pasta, bacon, chicken, sour cream sauce, and herbs.
- Serve and enjoy!
Other simple pasta dishes you’ll love
- One-Pan Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
- One-Pan Shrimp and Pea Orzo
Shop Tools for this Recipe
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 4 slices bacon , chopped
- 8 oz chicken breast , cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream , at room temperature (see Notes)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill , chopped (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives , chopped (see Notes)
- Large pot
- Cutting board
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente (use pasta box as a guide for time). Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Add cubed chicken to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside with the bacon.
- Add butter, room temperature sour cream, and garlic to the skillet and melt over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Return chicken and bacon to the skillet along with the drained pasta and stir to combine with the sauce. Add dill and chives and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Other short pastas will work, such as shells, rotini, or farfalle.
- It's important sour cream is at room temperature, or the sauce may curdle.
- In place of fresh herbs you can substitute for ½ teaspoon dried dill and 1 teaspoon dried chives.