S’mores Ice Cream Pie
All of the classic s’mores flavors of graham cracker, marshmallow, and chocolate in one fun frozen ice cream pie!
There’s no such thing as too many s’mores inspired desserts, right? (I hope not because they are among my favorite summer recipes to create!) This ice cream pie has all the classic s’mores flavors in one incredibly irresistible frozen pie— with a graham cracker crust, easy no-churn marshmallow ice cream filling, and topping of chocolate fudge, mini marshmallows and more graham crackers.
Plus, with less than 10 ingredients and no more than 30 minutes of prep it’s easy enough for any occasion. If you love s’mores, you have to try this s’mores ice cream pie!
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need
- How to make this s’mores ice cream pie
- Recipe tips
- More s’mores recipes
- Get the recipe
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s perfect for summer, aka s’mores season!
- This pies is so easy to make, with basic ingredients and a few simple steps.
- You don’t need an ice cream maker for the no-churn ice cream filling. It’s made with whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk, and marshmallow cream and once it’s frozen it is plenty fluffy and creamy.
- This s’mores ice cream pie is the most delicious combo of flavors and textures. I know you’re going to love it!
Ingredients you’ll need
How to make this s’mores ice cream pie
- Prepare graham cracker crust. Combine crushed graham crackers with brown sugar, salt, and melted butter to make a crumbly crust. Press into a 9-inch pie plate and freeze while you prepare the filling.
- Make filling. Combine marshmallow creme with sweetened condensed milk in a bowl. In another bowl, beat heavy cream to medium peaks, then fold the whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture. Don’t overmix!
- Pour filling into crust and freeze. Spread filling into an even layer, then freeze for at least 2 hours before adding topping.
- Top with chocolate fudge sauce and freeze again. Spread chocolate on top, then put it back in the freezer. The pie needs 6-8 hours hours total freeze time to set up completely.
- Add marshmallows and grahams. Before serving, add mini marshmallows and graham cracker pieces. (If desired, you can toast the marshmallows.)
- Serve and enjoy! Use a sharp knife to slice, and then serve immediately.
baking tip:How to crush graham crackers
- With a food processor or high powered blender: Mix and/or pulse until graham crackers have been completely crushed. This method is the easiest way to get perfectly crushed crumbs, but does make for more dirty dishes.
- With a rolling pin: Place graham crackers inside a zip-topped plastic bag and seal. Use a rolling pin (or other heavy object) to smash and crush crackers to crumbs. This method is harder to get fine crumbs, but requires no special equipment. Just watch that the plastic bag doesn’t puncture.
- There’s no need to bake the graham cracker pie crust. It sets up just fine in the freezer. Hooray for not needing the oven!
- For the topping I used store-bought chocolate fudge sauce, but you can make your own if you prefer.
- Often store-bought “hot fudge sauce” is quite solid at room temperature and needs to be heated in the microwave before using. I recommend using a chocolate sauce that is spread-able straight from the jar, as a warm sauce will melt the ice cream underneath it.
- A sprinkling of mini marshmallows and crumbled graham crackers is a fun finish and completes the s’mores look. You can even use a kitchen torch to lightly toast the marshmallows on top (be sure to work quickly).
- Waiting for it to harden in the freezer is the hardest part of this pie! But if you cut into it too soon, you’re likely to make a big mess. I’d wait at least 6-8 hours before slicing. Better yet, make it the day before you plan to serve it.
- For the cleanest and prettiest slices, dip a knife into hot tap water and wipe dry with a cloth and the pie. You’ll need to repeat this every 1-2 slices.
This recipe was created originally published July 2018 in partnership with Go Bold with Butter.
Get the recipe
S’mores Ice Cream Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (9 whole crackers/1 sleeve)
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar (53 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (56 grams) , melted
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 oz jar marshmallow cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup chocolate fudge sauce , store-bought, or make your own
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup crumbled graham crackers
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, salt and butter and press into a 9-inch pie dish. Put in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow cream until smooth. With an electric mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream to medium peaks. Gently fold into the marshmallow mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the pie dish. Depending on how deep your dish is, you may not need all of the filling. Freeze for at least 2 hours before adding topping.
- Spread the fudge sauce over the top of the pie and freeze until pie is completely firm, about 4-6 hours more or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with mini marshmallows and graham cracker pieces. For easier slicing, dip a sharp knife in hot water and wipe dry with a towel in between cuts.