Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
These peanut butter blossoms are such a nostalgic classic! Soft peanut butter cookies topped with a Hershey’s chocolate kiss— who can resist that?
Peanut butter blossom cookies are one of my favorite treats from when I was younger. They seemed to show up at every potluck and almost all holiday cookie platters. And I had no complaint! I couldn’t resist the simple combination of peanut butter and chocolate. and that’s till true today.
This is just Hershey’s classic recipe, but I figured it was still worth sharing. Consider this a little reminder to bake yourself a batch, whether these are a favorite of yours too, or you’ve never had the pleasure. These peanut butter blossoms are soft and tender, with a nice crunch from the sugar coating, and a delicious chocolate kiss in the middle of each one.
A Classic Recipe
There’s nothing fancy about these cookies— it’s a simple straightforward (but still delicious!) peanut butter cookie recipe with a Hershey’s kiss candy in the center. You’ll need basic cookie ingredients like butter, sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter. And chocolate kisses, of course.
Can I use other candy instead of a Hershey’s Kiss?
Yes! This recipe works with just about any small bite-sized chocolate candy. Rolos, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Dove chocolates, Hershey’s kisses in other flavors are just a few examples. If it’s small enough to fit in the center of the cookie, you can use it!
How to Make Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Prepare cookie dough according to recipe instructions (below).
- Portion into rounds and roll in sugar.
- Place on prepared sheet pan and bake at 375°F just until cookie is puffed and starts to crack, about 10 minutes.
- As soon as cookies come out of the oven, place chocolate kiss (or other chocolate candy) in the center, pressing down slightly.
- Let cookies cool before serving.
More peanut butter and chocolate cookies to try
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- One Giant Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Shop Tools for this Recipe
This recipe was originally published January 2012.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- ½ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (113 grams)
- ¾ cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy (185 grams)
- ⅓ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (75 grams)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (80 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (2 grams)
- ½ teaspoon salt (2 grams)
- 24 Hershey’s chocolate kisses , unwrapped
- About ⅓ cup granulated sugar , for rolling cookies (75 grams)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat together on medium high speed until light and creamy, about 4-5 minutes, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Roll dough by the tablespoon into a ball and roll the ball in sugar until it is coated completely. Place on the prepared sheet pan about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are beginning to crack on the surface and the bottoms just begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Immediately after removing cookies from the oven, place a Hershey’s kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing it down gently. Let sit on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.