No-Bake Lime Cheesecake Bars
There’s no oven required for these easy, creamy and zesty no-bake lime cheesecake bars with graham cracker crust!
Every now and then a new recipe comes out of my kitchen and completely rocks my world. Like these lime cheesecake bars! They instantly jumped right into my top 10, where I’m sure they will remain forever and ever.
If you love cheesecake and if you love key lime pie, then this recipe is just for you! It combines the best of both, with a graham cracker crust and light-as-air, citrusy filling. Plus, it’s all no-bake so these bars are as easy-peasy as homemade gets.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Light or dark brown sugar
- Full-fat cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Fresh lime juice and zest
How to make no-bake lime cheesecake bars
There’s just 3 steps!
- Prepare crust. Combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar, salt, and melted butter. Press evenly into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan and chill while you make the filling.
- Prepare filling. Beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest. Beat heavy whipping cream till fluffy, then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Chill. Spread the cheesecake filling over the crust and chill for at least 4 hours.
Tips for this recipe
- Line the pan with parchment paper so you can lift the bars and transfer to a cutting board for easy slicing. (Though the bars aren’t extremely firm and I borrowed an extra set of hands to lift them out of the pan.)
- You can use store-bought graham cracker crumbs, or use a food processor to pulverize. A ziplock bag and a rolling pin will do the job too.
- For the smoothest filling (no lumps), let the cream cheese come to room temperature for 60-90 minutes before mixing.
- I like the natural color of the filling, but you can tint it with a bit of green food coloring for more color.
- These bars don’t need anything extra, but a simple garnish of whipped cream and lime slices make them look fancy.
- To make sure these cheesecake bars have enough time to set up for clean slices, I typically make these the day before I plan to serve them.
- The bars will keep for several days in the fridge right in the pan, and up to a week inside of an airtight container.
More cheesecake treats to love
- Mini Cheesecakes
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Cheesecake Stuffed Peaches with Graham Cracker Topping
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Brownie-Bottom Mini Cheesecakes
Shop tools for this recipe
This recipe was originally published April 2016.
No-Bake Lime Cheesecake Bars
For the crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (285 grams, about 12 whole crackers)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (50 grams)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted (85 grams)
For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature (225 grams)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (400 grams)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (250 ml)
- Sweetened whipped cream , for topping
- Lime slices , for garnish
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, salt, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Press into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Chill in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth with a hand-held mixer (you can also use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment). Add the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into the cream cheese mixture in 2 additions, mixing until just combined. Spread evenly on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours, or you can make it ahead and chill overnight.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and lime slices. Slice and serve.
- To make graham cracker crumbs, crush graham crackers in a large ziplock bag with a rolling pin, or pulse in a food processor.
- For clean slices, run a sharp knife under hot water and dry between each slice.