There’s no oven required for these easy lime cheesecake bars with graham cracker crust.
Every now and then a new recipe comes out of my kitchen and completely rocks my world. Like these lime cheesecake bars. They instantly jumped right into my top 10 where I’m sure they will remain forever and ever.
Gosh, I love my job.
If you love cheesecake and if you love key lime pie then this recipe is just for you. It combines the best of both, with a graham cracker crust and light-as-air, citrusy filling. Plus, it’s all no-bake so these bars are as easy-peasy as homemade gets.
There are just 4 ingredients for the filling— cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and zest, and whipped cream. I admit I was a little skeptical about them setting up right, but they did and they are a complete dream.
The hardest part about these bars is waiting for them to firm up in the fridge. Give them at least several hours, or better yet make them the night before and chill them overnight. Slice them up as big or small as you like, whether you want big dessert servings or nibbles for a large gathering.
It doesn’t matter what size the squares are though, really. You’re going to want to eat them all, I can guarantee you that.
Watch the video
No-Bake Lime Cheesecake Bars
For the crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (285 grams, about 12 whole crackers)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (50 grams)
- ½ cup unsalted butter , melted (113 grams)
For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature (225 grams)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (400 grams)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (250 ml)
- Sweetened whipped cream , for topping
- Lime slices , for garnish
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, salt, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Press into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth with a hand-held mixer (you can also use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment). Add the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into the cream cheese mixture in 2 additions, mixing until just combined. Spread evenly on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours, or you can make it ahead and chill overnight.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and lime slices. Slice and serve.
- To make graham cracker crumbs, crush graham crackers in a large ziplock bag with a rolling pin, or pulse in a food processor.
- For clean slices, run a sharp knife under hot water and dry between each slice.