No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
No-bake chocolate cheesecake is an easy and delicious dessert that doesn’t require the oven. It has a rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake filling, oreo cookie crust, and sweetened whipped cream topping.
When the weather gets too hot, no-bake cheesecakes are the perfect solution! This chocolate cheesecake has incredible chocolate flavor, and the texture combination of creamy filling and crisp cookie crust simply can’t be beat. Plus, it’s easy enough for anyone to make and doesn’t require heating up the oven.
Make this no bake chocolate cheesecake for any occasion, any time of the year and I promise all the chocolate-lovers in your life will be begging you for the recipe.
Table of Contents
- Ingredients you’ll need
- How to make this no-bake chocolate cheesecake recipe
- Recipe notes
- Get the recipe
- More no-bake cheesecake recipes
Ingredients you’ll need
baking tip:How to quickly bring cream cheese to room temperature
Cold cream cheese can result in a lumpy batter or frosting. Letting the cream cheese rest at room temperature for about 60 minutes is ideal, but in case you forget to pull it out of the fridge on time, here are a few ways to speed things up.
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes and spread out on the packaging or a plate. Let sit at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cream cheese from any paper packaging but keep it in the foil packaging. Place in a bowl and cover with warm water. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cream cheese completely from all packaging. Microwave in 10 second bursts, flipping it after each burst, for about 30-40 seconds total.
How to make this no-bake chocolate cheesecake recipe
- Make oreo crust. Crush oreos (both the cookies and the filling) to crumbs and combine with melted butter. Press mixture into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Make chocolate cheesecake filling.
- Melt chocolate and a little cream in a double boiler or in the microwave to make a “ganache”.
- Beat heavy whipping cream to medium peaks with electric mixer.
- Separately, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and soft until light and creamy.
- Fold the ganache in to the cream cheese mixture in 2 additions, then fold the whipped cream in 2 more additions. Careful to not overmix! Mix just until no streaks of white remain.
- Chill in the fridge. Spread the filling into the crust and smooth the top. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, and preferably overnight so it sets up completely.
- Top with whipped cream. (You can do this step before or after chilling the cheesecake) Whip heavy cream with sugar and vanilla to medium peaks, then either pipe or spoon on top of cheesecake.
- Add garnishes if you want. To add even more visual appeal, top cheesecake with chocolate curls, chopped chocolate pieces, mini chocolate chips or even chocolate sprinkles.
- A spring-form pan is best for this recipe, I have not tested this cheesecake in any other type or size of pan.
- This recipe uses about one 13-ounce package of regular Oreos.
- You can crush the Oreos into cookie crumbs either with a food processor or in a ziplock bag with rolling pin.
- For best results, use full-fat cream cheese. Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature for the creamiest, non-lumpy filling.
- You can melt the chocolate in either a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 30-second intervals, or over the stove in a bowl set over simmering water (double boiler).
- I have a whole post dedicated to how to make perfectly whipped cream.
- To make the chocolate curls for this recipe, I simply used a vegetable peeler to carefully shave along the sides of a Hershey’s bar. The chocolate curls into itself as you work the peeler over it (work quickly so chocolate doesn’t get too warm). Here’s another tutorial for how to make chocolate curls.
- For clean slices, use a sharp knife and wipe it clean between each slice.
Get the recipe
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Oreo Cookie Crust:
- 32 Oreo cookie sandwiches (375 grams, most of 13-oz package)
- ½ cup butter , melted (1 stick, 113 grams)
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
- 10 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (285 grams)
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream , divided (340 grams)
- 24 oz full-fat cream cheese (3 bricks, 680 grams)
- 1 cup powdered/confectioners sugar (113 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (227 grams)
- 2 tbsp powdered/confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls, chopped chocolate, mini chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles , for garnish (optional)
To make the oreo cookie crust:
- Use a food processor or ziplock bag and rolling pin to crush oreo cookies (both cookies and filling) to crumbs, then combine with melted butter. Press into a 9-inch springform pan and chill in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Melt chocolate and ½ cup (113 g) cream together until smooth. You can do this in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring after each, OR in a bowl or double-boiler set over a pot of simmering water. Set aside to cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat remaining 1 cup (227 g) heavy whipping to medium peaks, 3-4 minutes on medium high speed. Transfer to another bowl if needed, then use mixer to beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until creamy and smooth, pausing to scrape bowl down as needed, about 2-3 minutes on medium high speed.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the cream cheese mixture until no streaks of white remain. Fold whipped cream into mixture in 2 additions just until incorporated. Do not overmix. Spread filling into prepared oreo crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight to let it set up properly.
To top with whipped cream and garnish:
- With an electric mixer, beat heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla to medium peaks, 3-4 minutes on medium high speed. Top cheesecake with whipped cream via a piping bag and tip or spoon.
- If desired, top with chopped chocolate, chocolate curls, mini chocolate chips or sprinkles.
- To slice, use a sharp knife and wipe clean after each slice.