This grilled vegetable antipasto platter of zucchini, summer squash, red onion, and bell peppers caramelized on the grill and served with kalamata olives, goat cheese, and basil dressing is exactly what your next summer party needs!
When it’s too hot to cook indoors, the grill is your best friend. Am I right?
During the summer months we grill almost everything and vegetables are one of my favorites. They’re so fresh and abundant this time of year! And I love how the natural sugars in the veggies caramelize, enhancing the flavor and turning them into something completely irresistible.
I now have a new favorite way to serve grilled veggies— with kalamata olives, crumbled goat cheese, and a simple basil dressing. Share this grilled vegetable antipasto platter with friends or family at your next summer gathering, it’s great as both an appetizer or side dish!
What is antipasto?
Antipasto is an Italian for “before food” and it’s typically the first course served in Italian cuisine. Traditionally, it’s a combination of cured meats, cheese, and olives but it can also be so much more than that.
This grilled vegetable antipasto platter is an assortment of veggies, olives, and goat cheese, all drizzled with a fresh dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil and salt and pepper. So simple, but so delicious!
A Rainbow of Vegetables
One of my favorite things about this dish is how colorful it is! It’s a beautiful rainbow of veggies, without even trying. You can use any vegetable in this antipasto platter, but I liked that this assortment was all cooked in roughly the same amount of time.
- Summer squash
- Yellow or orange bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
You could also use:
- Cherry tomatoes
Just know that if you use other veggies not listed in the recipe below, you may need adjust cooking times or consider par-cooking veggies before grilling them (if you use artichoke or potatoes, for example).
What should I serve with this grilled vegetable antipasto platter?
Looking for a complete summer menu? Here are some ideas!
- The Best Potato Salad
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Bourbon Butter
- Build Your Own Burger Bar
- Grilled Bruschette Skewers
- How to Grill Pizza
- Grilled Peach Whiskey Smash Cocktail
Shop Tools for this recipe
Grilled Vegetable Antipasto Platter
- 2 small zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 2 small summer squash sliced lengthwise
- 1 red onion chopped in large 2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped in large 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper chopped in large 2-inch pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 oz goat cheese or feta cheese crumbled
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup basil leaves chopped
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Drizzle all chopped vegetables with olive oil so they are lightly coated. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables on each side for 3-4 minutes until lightly charred. Remove from the grill.
- Arrange vegetables and olives on a platter and drizzle with basil dressing (instructions below) and top with crumbled goat or feta cheese.
- Serve at room temperature.
To make basil dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Use immediately.
- Make sure you chop all ingredients large enough to not fall through the grates of your grill, or use a grill basket.
- To make ahead: Assemble platter and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for up to several hours. Serve chilled or bring to room temperature.