Just 5 ingredients for this summery grilled peach whiskey smash!
I thought we could all use a summery cocktail for August sipping. I mean, we gotta enjoy these warm summer nights while we can, right?
I saw this recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine and immediately knew I wanted to make it over and over again. There’s grilled peaches and lemon, fresh herbs like mint and basil, a little honey, and bourbon whiskey. Smash it all together, serve it over ice with a splash of club soda, and there you have it— summer in a glass.
Just 5 ingredients
- 1/2 of a peach— snack on the other half while you
- 1/2 of a lemon
- Mint or basil, or both!
- Bourbon whiskey
- Bonus ingredient: top with club soda!
Tips and suggestions
- I love the flavor that grilling the peach slices and lemon gives to the cocktail, but you can skip it if you want!
- If you do grill, lightly brush peaches with oil or cooking spray before grilling to prevent sticking.
- You can easily double (or triple, quadruple!) the recipe to make more than one cocktail.
- Feel free to use either fresh mint or basil, or add both (my personal choice).
- To make this non-alcoholic, omit the honey and swap the bourbon for lemonade. My kids love it!
Grilled Peach Whiskey Smash
- 1/2 peach, pitted and halved
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 basil or mint leaves, or combo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup, 60 ml) bourbon whiskey
- Ice cubes
- Club soda (optional)
- Preheat grill over medium high heat.
- Grill peach slices and lemon half for 2-3 minutes until lightly charred.
- Place peaches, lemon, herbs, honey, and bourbon in a large glass or cocktail shaker.
- Use a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon to smash all of the ingredients together.
- Strain through the cocktail shaker or a small mesh strainer.
- Serve over ice and and top with club soda if desired.