This simple homemade ginger lemonade is so refreshing, and perfect for spring and summer!
There are few things I enjoy more this time of year than soaking in the warmth of the sun and watching the trees and flowers bloom.
We have a large deck in our back yard and I love to spend time out there just sitting and taking it all in. Just a few weeks ago it was too cold to sit outside for long, and before I know it it will be too hot to sit out there midday. But for now it’s perfect.
Of course, enjoying the sunshine is so much better with a cool beverage in hand! Right now I’m craving lemonade and last weekend this homemade ginger lemonade really hit the spot.
Though I am quite a ginger fan, I didn’t go overboard with the ginger in this lemonade. It’s just the right amount of sweet and sour, with a little kick.
I kept this pitcher toddler friendly and alcohol-free, but I have been known to add a splash of bourbon or vodka to my glass from time to time. I admit that it only makes it better.
Cheers to spring!
Shop Tools for this Recipe
(Affiliate links below)
For the ginger simple syrup:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (150 grams)
- 1 cup water (237 ml)
- 1 medium piece of ginger root , thinly sliced
For the lemonade:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (250 ml)
- 4 cups cold water (about 1 liter)
- Ginger simple syrup
- Lemon slices , for garnish (optional)
- Mint , for garnish (optional)
To make the simple syrup:
- In a small saucepan set over medium high heat, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Add the ginger. Remove from heat and add sliced ginger. Cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge and chill completely for 1-2 hours. Strain to remove ginger slices.
To assemble the lemonade:
- In a large pitcher combine the lemon juice, water and ginger simple syrup. Add ice cubes, lemon slices and mint. Serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published March 2015.
7 Comments on “Ginger Lemonade”
You have no idea of how appealing that bottle of lemony goodness looks to me right now! I can almost feel its freshness and taste its bright citrusy flavor on my tongue. It’s official: you made me crave Spring!
Girl, you know this is right up my alley. Making this soon.
I love this so much and will definitely be giving it a try. It’s just perfect to sip on the front porch!
Cheers to spring, indeedy!! Soo totally lovely!
So fresh and delicious! Love the ginger, I added ginger the other day, too, SO yummy! Happy spring!
Wow! This sounds like such a tasty, refreshing treat. And I love ginger!! I can’t wait to try this as the season warms up!