Curry Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
This twist on classical chicken salad is filled with golden raisins, roasted cashews, and cilantro all held together with a curried yogurt sauce. Scoop it into fresh lettuce leaves for a delicious and healthy meal.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Diamond of California.
I have to be honest, I really suck at making myself lunch. Eleven o’clock rolls around and my toddler gets his usual pb&j with grapes and the baby gets a bowl of mushed fruit, every single day.
But also every single day, before I know it, it’s 3 o’clock and I realize I forgot yet again to eat lunch. I’m starving and so I start grabbing for whatever is easiest, which is also usually the least healthy food in the whole house.
So I’m turning over a new leaf. No more lunchtime regret!
These curried chicken salad lettuce cups are just what the doctor ordered. They’re so flavorful, fresh, and unique that I find myself actually looking forward to lunch every day. Plus I can do all of the prep once and enjoy them all week long with minimal effort.
Last week I had a few lettuce cups with an apple each day for lunch and I felt so good. There was no hangry mid-afternoon binging, and no regrets.
If you’re looking for alternative ways to enjoy this curry chicken salad, you could tear the lettuce and serve the whole thing as a big salad, or put it in between a few slices of bread, or even scoop it on top of toasted naan or flatbread.
Now matter how you do it, you can’t go wrong.
Okay, lunchtime crisis is over. Now to do something about that bedtime cookie habit.
Curried Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
- 1 lb chicken breast , cooked and diced (455 grams)
- ½ cup finely diced celery (70 grams)
- ½ cup cashews , roasted (56 grams)
- ½ cup golden raisins (75 grams)
- ½ cup diced green onions (32 grams)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (227 grams)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper , optional
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (10 grams)
- 1 head Boston, butter or bibb lettuce
- In a large bowl toss together the cooked chicken, celery, cashews, raisins, and green onions.
- In another bowl whisk together the yogurt, curry powder, ground turmeric, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper (if using), and cilantro.
- Toss the chicken mixture with the yogurt mixture until well coated. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Store in the fridge until ready serve, up to 3 days. Serve scoops of chicken salad in leaves of lettuce.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Diamond of California as part of a long-term culinary ambassadorship. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I love and believe in, which make Completely Delicious possible. All opinions are always 100% my own.