Layers of fresh strawberries, yogurt whipped cream, and graham cracker crumble make up these adorable and irresistible parfaits.
This recipe is sponsored by Go Bold With Butter.
School is out for the summer! And I’m both excited to have the kids home with me full time, and nervous about keeping them entertained (and preserving my sanity). One strategy for getting through the day is pulling them into the kitchen with me more. My kids are helping to prep meals, learning to clean up more of their messes, and I’m getting them involved anytime I’m making a treat for us to enjoy.
We put together these strawberry yogurt parfaits one afternoon when we were all craving something sweet, but I didn’t want to go too overboard. The parfaits are the perfect blend of sweet treat and healthy snack— with Greek yogurt and fresh berries, but also whipped cream and a delightful graham cracker crumble. The kids loved them! And to be honest, so did I.
How to make these strawberry yogurt parfaits
There are 3 parts to these parfaits— fresh strawberries, yogurt whipped cream and graham cracker crumble. Layer them into small jars or plastic cups to be served immediately, or store them in the fridge for up to 4 hours if you’re not serving them right away. Any longer and I found that the graham cracker crumble gets a bit soggy.
I used strawberries because it’s June and I have an abundance of them right now in my fridge, but feel free to use other berries or fruit. Add raspberries, blueberries, sliced peaches or nectarines, or pitted cherries.
Yogurt whipped cream
I had originally planned to make these with no-bake cheesecake filling, but on a whim I decided to use Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese. And I’m so glad I did!
The filling is made with yogurt, whipping cream, a little sugar, and vanilla extract. It’s super creamy and luscious, with just the right amount of tang, and not too sweet. Plus it was very easy to make in just one bowl (no need to wait for cream cheese to come to room temperature or beat it in another bowl!).
Graham cracker crumble
As much as I love everything about these parfaits, this graham cracker crumble might be my favorite part. It’s made with crushed graham cracker crumbs (my kids loved smashing them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin), butter, sugar, flour and salt. Combine it all together, then bake it till golden brown, and break it into chunks when it’s cooled.
The crumble is sweet and crunchy, has a nice buttery flavor, and a great contrast to the layers of yogurt whipped cream and fresh fruit. It’s like graham cracker pie crust, but better!
The importance of real dairy
At my children’s yearly checkups their pediatrician always asks me how many glasses of milk they’re drinking each day in order to get their recommended daily dose of calcium, vitamin D, and potassium. In addition to drinking milk, I also make sure we’re incorporating other real dairy products into our diets, like cheese and yogurt.
These berry parfaits made with yogurt, whipped cream, and butter definitely help us reach our goal. And they get bonus points for being so delicious too! Read more about the importance of milk and dairy in a healthy diet here.
Help Fight Childhood Hunger This Summer
Did you know that milk is one of the least donated items to food banks, even though it’s one of the most requested items? And with school being out for the summer, more than 18 million kids in need don’t have access to school meal programs that provide the nutrient-rich milk their bodies need.
Shop tools for this recipe
Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits with Graham Cracker Crumble
Graham cracker crumble:
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (10 full sheets), crushed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (75 grams), melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (60 grams)
- Pinch of salt
Yogurt whipped cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (500 ml)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (570 grams)
To assemble parfaits:
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (455 grams), sliced
To make the graham cracker crumble:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Spread out evenly on a sheet pan and bake until lightly golden brown, 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then break up into chunks.
To make the yogurt whipping cream:
- With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream until it starts to thicken.
- Add sugar while continuing to beat, followed by vanilla. Beat to medium peaks.
- Fold in Greek yogurt in 2 additions.
To assemble parfaits:
- Layer graham cracker crumble, yogurt whipped cream, and sliced strawberries into small jars or cups.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
- Vanilla flavored yogurt can used in place of plain yogurt. Omit sugar and vanilla.
- Any fresh fruit can be used in these parfaits, like raspberries, blueberries, peaches and cherries.
- To make more than 4 hours in advance: All components of this parfait can be made ahead of time and assembled just before serving. Store graham cracker crumble in an airtight container for 1 week or more, store yogurt whipped cream in fridge for up to 2 days. I prefer to use fresh sliced fruit right away, but it can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Go Bold With Butter. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I love and believe in, which make Completely Delicious possible. All opinions are always 100% my own. To learn more about Go Bold With Butter, you can visit their website here. You can also find them on facebook, instagram, and pinterest.