Roasted Asparagus and Avocado Salad with Lemon-Parmesan Vinaigrette
A light and simple salad with dynamite flavors— roasted asparagus, fresh avocado and mixed greens tossed together with a homemade lemon-parmesan vinaigrette.
I discovered this salad shortly after John was born, almost 3 years ago and it’s been a favorite spring and summertime weekday lunch ever since. I look forward to the return of fresh and affordable asparagus to my supermarket for this very reason.
I’ve used various dressings for this salad, often whatever was in the fridge or even just a simple drizzle of olive oil. My current favorite is this lemon-parmesan vinaigrette from Mountain Mama Cooks and I’m drizzling it over everything. It’s just so darn good and makes me happy.
This salad works as a side to just about anything, but you can also bulk it up and turn it into a heartier meal. While I love it just as it is, I often will add some sliced cooked chicken breast and a few spoonfuls of quinoa or farro, or serve it with a side of crusty bread.
Roasted Asparagus and Avocado Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (60 ml)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 ml)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (25 grams)
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the salad:
- ½ bunch asparagus , chopped
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 large avocado , sliced
- Lemon vinaigrette , above
- Additional Parmesan cheese , optional
To make the vinaigrette:
- Place all of the ingredients in a mason jar or tupperware with tight lid. Shake vigorously for a few seconds until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
To assemble salad:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss the chopped asparagus, olive oil and salt and pepper and spread in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Toss the roasted asparagus, chopped avocado and mixed greens with some lemon-vinaigrette. Serve immediately.