Maple Nut Snack Mix
Here’s your new favorite homemade snack mix! This maple nut snack mix is filled with chex cereal, pretzels, and plenty of nuts!
We’re snack food junkies in our house, especially my husband. Chips, crackers, trail mix, etc.— we love it all, and none of it lasts long.
Homemade chex mix is currently experiencing a bit of a renaissance in our house and I’m making it all the time for parties, holidays, road trips, and general snacking. Over time I’ve changed the back of the box recipe and ended up here, with our current favorite, this maple nut chex snack mix!
What’s in this maple nut snack mix
It’s got a lot in common with traditional chex mix, but there are a few differences. In this mix you’ll find:
- Rice chex and corn chex cereal
- Pretzels (you can use minis, snaps, nuggets or mini sticks)
- Nuts like cashews, pecans and peanuts
- A sweet and spiced spiced coating made with butter, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and other seasonings
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this maple nut snack mix (full recipe at the end of this article):
How to make maple nut snack mix
- Combine snacks. Pour everything into a large bowl.
- Combine sauce. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and spices.
- Toss the two together. Pour the sauce over the snack mix and toss to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Bake. Spread it out on a baking sheet and bake in a 250°F oven for about 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. The snack mix is done when golden brown and fragrant.
- Let cool and dry. The snack mix will look wet when it comes out of the oven, but will crisp up as it cools.
How to store this snack mix
This snack mix will keep for 1-2 weeks if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. A big jar, tupperware, or ziplock bag work great.
Thought I’m guessing it won’t last near that long! It never does at our house, we gobble it up way too fast. It does make a pretty big batch— 8 cups— perfect for sharing!
More snackable recipes
- Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Sweet Potato Cheddar Crackers
- Homemade Fruit Snacks
Shop tools for this recipe
Recipe originally published September 2016.
Maple Nut Snack Mix
- 2 ½ cups corn Chex cereal (75 grams)
- 2 ½ cups rice Chex cereal (75 grams)
- 2 cups pretzel nuggets or mini pretzels (60 grams)
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts (142 grams)
- 1 cup shelled pecans (100 grams)
- 1 cup cashews (120 grams)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup (80 grams)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Toss together the corn chex, rice chex, pretzels, and nuts in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together the butter, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Pour over the snack mix and toss to combine.
- Spread out on a sheet pan and bake for 60-75 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until mix is toasted and dry.
- Let cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container. Store for up to 1-2 weeks.
- Recipe makes 8 cups snack mix.