Tender chicken thighs in a lime-peanut sauce made quick and easy in an Instant Pot!
Who has an Instant Pot or pressure cooker?
Who is a little intimidated by pressure cooking?
(Raises hand again.)
My Instant Pot seriously sat in its box in a corner of my office for months before I finally got the courage to figure it out. And once I did, I discovered it wasn’t hard or scary at all! One of the things that helped me the most when I got started with my Instant Pot is my friend Barbara’s site Pressure Cooking Today. Her recipes and video demonstrations were a lifesaver, and I still make dishes from her site all the time.
And now Barbara’s new book, The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook is here to help us all take our pressure cooker game to the next lever. It’s filled with 200 simple recipes— everything from three-ingredient pulled pork, to beef bourguignon done in less than an hour, and even desserts like New York cheesecake.
My favorite section of Barbara’s cookbook is the chapter dedicated to 30-minute meals. It’s where I found the recipe for this easy Thai chicken, and so many other meals that have become favorites in our house.
This Thai chicken is super simple— it’s just chicken thighs, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, and ginger— and it takes just a few minutes of prep and only 9 minutes in the Instant Pot. That’s a meal for my family that I can manage on even the busiest of nights! Finish the chicken with limes, cilantro, and chopped peanuts, and it’s meal everyone will love, too.
I prefer to serve this Thai chicken over steamed basmati rice, but you can serve it however you like!
Tools for this recipe
(Affiliate links below)
Instant Pot Thai Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs (907 grams) boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 cup (686 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) chopped peanuts
- Lime wedges and cilantro, for garnish
- Select "Browning/Sauté" on your electric pressure cooker and add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. When pressure cooker is hot, add half of chicken thighs to brown, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining oil and chicken thighs.
- Add chicken broth to the pot while hot and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom. Stir in peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and cayenne pepper.
- Return chicken and any juices to the pot and secure lid, making sure pressure release is set to "sealing".
- Select "High Pressure" and 9 minutes cook time.
- When cook time ends, use a quick pressure release. When valve drops, open pressure cooker and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve chicken over steamed rice, or as desired. Top with peanuts, lime wedges and more cilantro.
Have you tried this recipe?
Disclosure: I received a free copy of The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. All opinions are always my own.