Chocolate Cookies with Fleur de Sel
Rich and fudgy chocolate cookies sprinkled with flaky sea salt. The best sweet and salty treat!
I love these chocolate cookies. They’re essentially just my soft and chewy chocolate cookies, but with a generous sprinkling of fleur de sel. These cookies are intensely chocolatey and have that fun sweet and salty flavor combination that we all crave.
Fleur de sel is an artisinal French salt, but if you can’t get your hands on it, any coarse or flaky sea salt will do.
More Chocolate Cookie Recipes to Try
- Spicy Chili Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Hugs Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Chewy Chocolate Cookies with Fleur de Sel
- ¾ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (170 grams)
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar (300 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch-processed) (80 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fleur de Sel or other flaky salt , for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and creamy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the mixer and mix until just combined. Scoop by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepared sheet pan and flatten slightly with your hand. Sprinkle the tops with fleur de sel.
- Bake until edges are crisp, about 9 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for several days.