Creamy pasta with grilled corn, feta cheese, fresh basil and grilled scallions makes for one satisfying summer dish.
This summer will go down in history as The Summer of Corn. My toddler cannot get enough corn on the cob and I’m having trouble keeping it stocked in our fridge. I think he’d eat one or two ears for every meal if he could.
I might too, come to think of it. Fresh corn is one of my favorite things about summer!
This time of year you’ll find corn in almost anything from salads to salsas, and cooked on the cob with every topping imaginable. But why do we not see it in more hot pasta dishes? Corn + pasta is so underrated.
You must give this pasta recipe a try asap. It’s rich and creamy, but not too heavy. And the grilled corn adds a nice crunch and summertime freshness. It’s easy enough for a weeknight meal, but also impressive enough for weekend guests.
- 1 lb (455 grams) orecchiette, bowtie or pasta with similar shape
- 5-6 ears corn on the cob
- 1 small bunch scallions, roots trimmed
- ¼ +cup 2 tablespoons (90 ml) olive oil
- ⅓ c (80 ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup ( grams) crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush corn and scallions with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill corn about 2 minutes on each side, until grill marks are visible. Scallions will need just 1 minute per side. Use a sharp knife to remove corn kernels from the cob.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water.
- In the same pot, add the remaining olive oil, heavy cream and reserved pasta water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 2 minutes until thickened. Add the cooked pasta and corn kernels, and adjust seasonings as needed. Remove from heat and top with feta cheese and basil. Serve immediately with the grilled scallions on the side.
Some of my blogging friends and I are taking on the challenge to eat seasonally.Check out Vintage Mixer’s guide to what’s in season this month and join us, won’t you?
Pea and Arugula Pesto by Floating Kitchen
Poached Beets with Star Anise and Cinnamon by Project Domestication
Strawberry Fields Panzanella Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Flavor the Moments
Fresh Corn Salad by Bless this Mess
Crispy Chicken & Cucumber Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette by Climbing Grier Mountain
Quick Pickled Strawberries with Black Pepper and Tarragon by Simple Bites
Apricot Glazed Chicken by Vintage Mixer
Baked Zucchini Fries with Pesto Yogurt Dipping Sauce by Cookin’ Canuck
Chocolate Strawberry Protein Smoothie by The Lemon Bowl
Grilled Flatbread with Peaches and Arugula Pesto by Foodie Crush
Papaya Seed Vinaigrette Dressing by Kitchen Confidante
Spinach Pesto by Mountain Mama Cooks
Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries by Well Plated
Healthy Zucchini Muffins from Gimmie Some Oven
You may also like these posts:
This page contains affiliate links, which provide me a small percentage of all purchases made through them.