Chewy cookies packed with toasted coconut and white chocolate chips!
I have a quick and simple recipe for you today. No fuss, no frills, just some really tasty cookies.
I took a basic cookie recipe, one I’ve worked on over the years and grown to love, and added toasted shredded coconut and white chocolate chips— two of my favorite things! These cookies are soft and chewy in the center, crisp on the edges, and full of so much flavor.
After a few weeks of illness and exhausting insomnia, I’m finally feeling back on track and it feels so, so good. And I finally feel like cooking and baking again! These toasted coconut and white chocolate chip cookies were the first real thing I’ve baked in what feels like ages, and we all went nuts for them.
I think I ate 8 in one day?
That’s not an exaggeration.
My kids and husband got a few, but really I think I ate most of the batch all by myself. I’m telling you, the combination of toasted coconut and white chocolate chips in a chewy cookie can’t be beat!
baking tip:How to bake perfect cookies every time
Pull cookies from the oven when the edges are golden brown and the tops are just starting to turn golden. Once out of the oven, leave the cookies on the sheet pan for a few minutes, where they’ll do a little more baking and setting up. After 5 minutes, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely and you’ll have perfectly crisp cookies with a chewy center.
Toasted Coconut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 1 cup (170 grams) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) toasted coconut (see Note)
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars until light and creamy, about 4-5 minutes, scraping the bowl down once. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add the toasted coconut and white chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Spoon by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepared sheet pan and bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.
- To toast coconut, spread onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven in 2 minute intervals, stirring in between. You want the coconut to be just turning golden brown, be careful not to burn. Let cool completely.
- You can use flaked, shredded, or wide slice; sweetened or unsweetened coconut.
Have you tried this recipe?
This recipe was originally published in January 2010. Photos have been updated.
Tools for this recipe
(Affiliate links below)