An easy and fun treat of yogurt and strawberries topped with a lid of caramelized sugar. Enjoy for breakfast or dessert.
I found this recipe for Strawberry-Yogurt Brulée in this month’s issue of Fine Cooking, which I had purchased for in-flight reading on my way to BlogHer Food in Austin. Only, my one year-old kept me too busy to even crack it open. I casually flipped through it one evening last week and got really excited when I found this recipe.
Only three ingredients, a quick assembly, and it works for either breakfast or dessert? This is my kind of treat.
And it’s just as delightful as you can imagine. Underneath the crunchy layer of caramelized sugar we all associate with creme bruleé is a simple mixture of yogurt and fresh strawberries. It never ceases to amaze me how simple ingredients and combinations can be transformed with a little creativity.
Strawberry-Yogurt Breakfast Brulée
- 2 cups (455 grams) plain whole-fat yogurt, greek or regular
- 1 cup (125 grams) strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) sugar, divided
- Combine the strawberries with 1 tablespoon of the sugar and let sit for 5 minutes. Combine with the yogurt. Spoon into 4 ramekins and smooth the tops.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and caramelized with a kitchen torch. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?