Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Our family’s favorite strawberry banana smoothie recipe has just 4 ingredients and takes moments to make!
Breakfast is a battle at our house most mornings, unless there’s a smoothie involved! I can always count on my boys to slurp down a tall glass of this strawberry banana smoothie every time I make it.
We prefer fruity smoothies and this one is so good! Made with just a handful of ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen— strawberries, banana, yogurt and orange juice.
It’s just the right balance of fresh and frozen fruit so it has the creamiest texture, and it has a sweet (but not too sweet) flavor. Kids and adults love it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Just 4 ingredients required!
- Frozen strawberries, whole or sliced
- Fresh banana
- Vanilla or plain yogurt (we prefer vanilla)
- Orange juice (water works too)
Like all smoothie recipes, this one is completely adaptable! Here are a few other fruits we’ll sometimes sub in or add. You can use fresh or frozen fruit, though I’ve found that I like the texture of smoothies made with a combination of both fresh AND frozen fruit (like using frozen strawberries and a fresh banana).
These are additions and substitutions we’ve tried, but the sky’s the limit when it comes to smoothie variations. Feel free to get creative!
- Invest in a good blender! This Calphalon blender was gifted to me and I actually love it, and I’ve heard good things about Ninja blenders too (both around $100).
- Start on low speed then build your way up to a higher speed to ensure everything is blended smoothly.
- Layer ingredients in your blender in the following order: liquids and yogurt, fresh soft fruit, frozen fruit.
- This recipe can be scaled up or down as needed!
- To make a smoothie thicker: Add ice or more frozen fruit.
- To make a smoothie thinner: Add water, more juice, or even milk.
- An easy hack for cleaning your blender is to fill halfway with water and a few drops of dish soap. Blend on high for a few seconds, then rinse thoroughly.
- When freezing fruit for smoothies, freeze in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with parchment or wax paper, then move to a zipped top freezer bag. This way the fruit is frozen individually and won’t be one big frozen chunk.
More Smoothies to Love
Shop Tools for this Recipe
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice (or water)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (sliced or whole)
- 2 bananas
- Layer ingredients into blender, starting with yogurt and juice, then banana, and frozen strawberries last.
- Start blender on low, then move to high speed and blend until smoothie is smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy immediately!
- This recipe can be scaled up or down as needed.
- For smoothie variation suggestions, see post above.