Delicate cupcakes flavored with champagne and strawberries. Perfect for a celebration or everyday.
Today Completely Delicious turns five!
Who knew five years ago when I posted a little recipe for chocolate chip cookies that it would not only turn into an incredibly rewarding hobby but also a part-time job? Not me, but I’m so happy to be where I am.
I’ve come a long way in the last five years. From bad photos and a only handful of readers to an archive full of hundreds of recipes and an inbox full of support. Not to mention all of the meaningful relationships that have developed solely because of this website.
My weekends are often dedicated to recipe testing, my nights are spent editing photos, and seeing what’s new on Twitter is one of the first things I do every morning. It’s not quite what I imagined my life would be like five years ago, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Five years of blogging kind of feels like a big deal. To me it means that this is more than just a hobby, this is what I am doing with my life. And you know what? It’s not a bad life, I think I’ll stick around.
To celebrate, I baked cupcakes with a little bubbly. Yes, there’s sparkling wine right there in the batter. The cupcakes are light and flavorful and the strawberry buttercream frosting is the perfect topper. Indulging in a few of these cupcakes and sipping from a champagne flute is exactly how I want to spend today.
Thank you, dear readers. Whether you’ve been here since the beginning or you’re visiting my site for the very first time, thanks for letting me share my baking adventures with you.
Here’s to five more years, cheers!
Strawberries and Champagne Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour (280 grams)
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar (300 grams)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries , sliced (135 grams)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sparkling wine (237 ml, 8 fl oz)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (237 ml, 8 fl oz)
For the frosting:
- 1 ½ cup unsalted butter (340 grams)
- 4 cups powdered sugar , sifted (455 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons strawberry purée
To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease with butter and flour.
- Pureé strawberries in a food processor or blender. Measure out ½ cup of the pureé and reserve the rest for the frosting.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the eggs, champagne, ½ cup pureéd strawberries and oil on medium high speed until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes. Add the flour mixture in 2 additions, mixing after each.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup ¾ full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake come out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium high speed until light and smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and strawberry purée and mix on medium speed until smooth. Add additional pureé if needed to get the desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes with the frosting. Store in the fridge. Cupcakes will keep for several days.