These pineapple coconut macaroons are bright and sunny, and full of tropical flavor!
Coconut + pineapple is one of my favorite flavor combinations as it reminds me of warm, sunny beaches and palm trees. These pineapple macaroons are a little like a tropical getaway in every bite! They’re fun, delicious, and always a winner with my friends and family.
Pineapple Coconut Macaroons
- 14 oz bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- With an electric mixer beat egg whites and salt together on high speed to medium peaks, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gently fold whipped egg whites into the coconut mixture until incorporated.
- Drop by the spoonful (about 2 tablespoons) onto the prepared sheet pan and use the back of a spoon to make a well into the center.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- While cookies are baking, make the pineapple jam topping. Combine crushed pineapple and granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened, 15-20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Spoon jam into the wells of the cookies. Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Let sit about 5 minutes until white chocolate is set.