Key Lime Pie
Everyone’s favorite classic key lime pie!
I haven’t done any baking in a very long time, haven’t posted any homemade baked goods in months, and I think we’ve all been going through serious withdraw. But finally! I made something!
Last Sunday I finally got the chance to make this key lime pie I’ve been craving for a while. Steve loves key lime pie and I always love baking something that someone else will help me eat. It was his Dad’s birthday and we had the family over for dinner. I cooked a nice meal from recipes I’ve learned in school and then finished off with this pie.
This recipe is extremely easy and I’d say near impossible to mess up. I know key lime pie is more of a summery dessert (and I did manage to squeeze it in on the last day of Summer), but maybe a slice of it will make the colder temperatures outside a little less dreary. On another food-related side note, I have finished my second quarter of culinary school!
Key Lime Pie
- 3 large egg yolks
- 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes , about 1 tablespoon
- Graham cracker or cookie crust
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare crust, but do not bake.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and zest.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the center is set but still jiggles slightly.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving to firm up. Serve with whipped cream.
2 Comments on “Key Lime Pie”
Pingback: Aleesha D Schwab
Pingback: zyzz yahoo