A perfect summer appetizer or side dish! Individual cucumber bites topped with a corn and red pepper salad filled with feta, basil, and a creamy dressing.
The first time I made these cucumber bites I was working a catering job with a friend of mine from culinary school, and I just thought they were so fun, fresh, and a perfect way to showcase summer produce. Fast forward a few years later, and I adapted the recipe for my baby shower before my oldest was born. And it got so many rave reviews!
That baby is now 8 years old and I’m finally sharing the recipe for these cucumber bites with corn and red pepper salad. I’m sorry it took me so long!
Bite-sized rounds of cucumbers topped with a salad of corn, red pepper, red onion, basil, feta cheese, and a creamy dressing make for such a great appetizer or side dish for your next summer party or potluck. They’re fresh, delicious and have such a satisfying and flavorful crunch!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll want to grab from the grocery store and/or farmers market:
- Fresh corn on the cob
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Lemon juice
- Feta cheese
- Fresh basil
- Mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
How to Make These Cucumber Bites
- Grill corn. Lightly char the corn on the cob on the grill, then use a sharp knife to remove kernels from the cob (here’s an easy how-to video).
- Slice vegetables. Peel cucumbers as desired, then slice into rounds. Chop red pepper and red onion into small dice pieces.
- Combine salad. Toss the corn, red pepper, red onion, garlic, feta and basil with mayonnaise/greek yogurt and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble bites. Use a spoon to carefully mound a small amount of corn and red pepper salad onto each cucumber round. Garnish with more basil.
- Serve immediately. Once assembled, the cucumber bites should be enjoyed right away.
How to Prep Ahead of Time
If you want to prep this recipe for later, the salad and cucumber rounds can be made ahead of time. Store separately in the fridge for up to 1 day (though I think the salad is at its best used within about 4 hours) and assemble right before serving.
Make it a Salad Instead!
Looking to make things even easier? Chop the cucumbers into small pieces and toss with the rest of the ingredients. You’ll get all of the same flavors but with less work.
I like how these rounds are the perfect little serving size and make for such a pretty presentation, but sometimes easiest is best. This recipe can be prepared either way!
More Summer Appetizers to Love
Shop Tools for this Recipe
Cucumber Bites with Corn and Red Pepper Salad
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 1 red bell pepper , small dice chop
- ½ red onion , small dice chop
- ½ lemon , juiced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt
- 4 oz feta cheese , crumbled
- ½ cup fresh basil , chopped, divided
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 cucumbers , peeled as desired and sliced into rounds
- Grill corn on the cob over medium high heat until lightly charred on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slice kernels off of the cob.
- In a large bowl, toss corn kernels with red pepper, red onion, garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise or greek yogurt, feta cheese, and half of the basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a spoon and your fingers to carefully mound corn and red pepper salad on top of cucumber rounds. Garnish with remaining chopped basil.
- Enjoy immediately.
- If you wish to prep this recipe in advance, slice cucumber rounds and mix salad. Store separately in the fridge and assemble just before serving.
- This recipe can also be made into an easy and delicious salad! Chop cucumbers into small dice and mix with the rest of the salad ingredients and serve as is.