Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Tart
Spiced pumpkin and dark chocolate swirled together inside a chocolate cookie crust is the ultimate holiday tart!
I’ll take my pumpkin with a heavy dose of chocolate, please! It’s my favorite way to enjoy it and this chocolate swirl pumpkin tart is hitting all the right notes.
It starts with a simple cookie crumb base. Inside is a traditional spiced pumpkin filling swirled together with melted chocolate. It bakes up beautifully and looks much more impressive than traditional pumpkin pie. No one needs to know that it’s just as easy to bake, it will be our little secret!
This tart would definitely be a fabulous addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table. Everyone is sure to love it— the chocoholics, the pumpkin enthusiasts, and everybody in between.
baking tip:How to make homemade pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut 1 sugar pumpkin in half and scrape out seeds and pulp.
- Place cut side-down on a sheet pan lined with foil.
- Bake 1 hour, or until tender.
- Scrape out pumpkin flesh and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for several months.
Shop the recipe
(Affiliate links below)
Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Tart
For the chocolate cookie crust:
- 1 ½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
For the filling:
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet or dark chocolate , melted
- To make cookie crust, combine cookie crumbs, sugar, salt and butter together in small bowl and mix with fork. Press into buttered 8-inch tart pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Set crust aside.
- To make filling, combine eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Add pumpkin puree and heavy cream and mix until incorporated. Measure 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
- Set baked crust on sheet pan. Pour filling into crust. In bowl, combine melted chocolate with reserved filling. Spoon on top of tart and swirl into filling.
- Bake until center is set and no longer appears shiny, 40-45 minutes. Let tart cool to room temperature and store in fridge until ready to serve.
Disclosure: This recipe was originally published November 2014 in partnership with The American Butter Institute. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I love and believe in, which make Completely Delicious possible. All opinions are always 100% my own.