Soft peanut butter bars covered with chocolate frosting— they’re incredibly indulgent!
Right now I’m in Hawaii, laying on a beach. Or perhaps I’m snorkeling with sea turtles. Or taking my first surfing lesson. Be jealous, be very jealous.
Even though I’m away, I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you. Because it can’t wait, because it’s that good. I have been in a peanut butter mood lately (remember the Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies from last week?). I’ve gone through two jars of the stuff in under a month. Send help, or at least a tall glass of milk.
This recipe comes straight from Joy the Baker’s genius and it’s something that everyone must bake and enjoy themselves. Chocolate and peanut butter go together like, well, chocolate and peanut butter. It’s a combination that cannot be beat.
These blondies are a simple, no-fuss dessert, sure to please just about everyone. Just make sure you have a glass of milk nearby, you’ll need it to wash them down.
You may enjoy these other peanut butter recipes:
Peanut Butter Cookies by Completely Delicious
Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownie Bars by Brown Eyed Baker
Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Bars by Completely Delicious
Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies by Food Plus Words
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies by Annie’s Eats
Peanut Butter Blondies with Milk Chocolate Buttercream
Peanut Butter Blondies:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
To make the blondies:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease with butter.
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla, stirring until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Spread the batter into the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
To make the buttercream:
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.