I think I could live off of these cookies. So simple and so delicious.

I’ve been making these cookies for quite a while now, and finally have the recipe tweaked to just what I want. Cookies like this should hold their shape and not spread too much. They should be slightly crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. And of course be filled with yummy things.

This recipe definitely fits the bill. I love the classic combination of sweet white chocolate and salty macadamia nuts. And oh my, are they addicting! I think I ate at least three while photographing them, I just couldn’t stop myself.

You might be thinking to yourself how not making these cookies would solve that problem, would keep you from overindulging. But that would be a mistake. These cookies are worth the extra lap around the track. And you don’t have to keep them all to yourself (although I won’t judge you if you do), share them with your friends or use them to make new friends. These cookies could definitely win someone over.

They certainly have won me over!

White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
From Betty Crocker Cookbook
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies

1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the shortening, butter, and sugars on medium high until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine.

In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, soda, and salt. Add to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until just combined. Add the white chocolate chips and the macadamia nut cookies.

Spoon by the tablespoon onto the sheet pan lined with parchment paper, with about 2 inch spacing. Bake until lightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

17 Responses to White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies

1. The Comfort of Cooking says:

Oh, I love White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies… Yours look perfect! Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside. I posted a very similar recipe for these last month, I think. Great job!

2. Jennifurla says:

One of my favorite cookies for sure, these look light sofy crispy all at once

3. K says:

Yum yum yum! I think I'm gonna work my way through your recipe index when I'm in Derry. Can't wait!

4. Tony Perez says:

These look great!!!

5. Katy@BlueEyedBakers says:

I love White Chocolate Macadamia cookies! They are so underrated…why don't more people love them and bake them?!?!? This recipe will certainly help. Am going to try baking these ASAP. Love the pics too!

6. ajcabuang04 says:

White chocolate macadamia cookies are the best!!

Your cookies are gorgeous!

8. Kathryn says:

Yum! I want to try one! You should give these cookies a shot- they're almost the same thing but they have raspberry in them, too!

9. Kristina says:

I love it when I find a recipe that someone is willing to say is The Best! I will definitely remember to return to yours when I'm ready to make white chocolate macadamia cookies. They look fantastic (and they sound simple enough).

10. Johanna says:

yum! I saw your profile on PFBlog. I'm also from SLC (although I now live in Spain). Best of luck!

11. Barbara Bakes says:

These do look absolutely delicious! I had fun checking out your site today. Thanks for the follow.

12. Andrea says:

I made these to take to work (on my first day, lol) and they were very good. Everyone loved them. I did end up cooking them too long however. I need to learn that less is better! Thanks for the great recipe!

13. Cristina says:

Love your photographs, they´re really good shots.

BEST COOKIES I'VE EVERRR MADE!!!! YUM :D
    thanks for the recipe

15. jmonta says:

I have a couple of questions because I want to make these today. How did you get your awesome cookie shape? Did you freeze the dough at all? Also, I noticed you removed half of the butter from the original recipe. How did this change the cookie?
    Sorry for all of my spastic questioning. :)

I also roll my cookie dough into round balls before placing them on my cookie sheet. This ensures they bake up in a round shape.

Regarding the amount of butter, I don’t recall off the top of my head what the recipe originally called for. To me, it seems like many recipes call for more butter than is absolutely necessary. For a standard batch of cookies I usually use around 1/2 to 3/4 cup. In this recipe we have some butter and some shortening. While I know a lot of people shy away from shortening, it does produce great results in cookies. I hope this helps.

16. Annie says:

I tried making these earlier today, and while they tasted amazing, the round balls didn’t flatten in the oven! Is there any reason this could have happened?