The perfect treat to use up leftover pumpkin pie!
What happens when you put vanilla ice cream, eggnog, and a piece of pumpkin pie in a blender? Well, recently I decided to find out.
I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin, but I will have a slice of pumpkin pie about once a year with a dollop of whipped cream. It’s obligatory, and I do enjoy it. But after that one piece I’m done, but what do I do with the rest of the pie? I thought this might be a fun way to use it up, and I was right!
And using eggnog in place of milk was a stroke of pure genius, if I do say so myself. This milkshake has a smooth creamy texture, and a hint of pumpkin pie. It satisfied both my yearly slice of pumpkin pie and milkshake cravings.
Probably the best thing about it is it’s super easy to throw together. This would be a perfect day-after-Thanksgiving dessert, when it’s likely you’ll have all the ingredients left over from the day before. Mix things up, instead of slicing yourself another piece of pumpkin pie, why not blend it up with your ice cream and sip it through a straw instead?
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- 1 slice pumpkin pie
- 2-3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup eggnog or milk (250 ml)
- Whipped cream , for serving
- Ground cinnamon , for garnish
- Blend together the pumpkin pie pieces, vanilla ice cream, and egg nog in a blender. Add additional eggnog if needed to achieve desired consistency. Pour into a tall glass, top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of ground cinnamon. Serve immediately.