These simple and fun peanut butter cookie bars filled with M&Ms are here to satisfy your sweet craving!
We spent a weekend in Vegas this month and since we had the kids with us, we made a stop at the M&M Factory. And you guys, sooo much candy came home with us. We’ve been slowly working our way through it, and it was only a matter of time before some M&Ms ended up in my baking.
I borrowed the recipe from my favorite peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, swapped the chocolate chips out for M&Ms, spread the dough into a baking pan because I was feeling lazy, and these bars were born. They couldn’t be simpler or more perfect for a quick homemade treat.
The kids of course loved them, and so did the adults!
baking tip:How parchment paper can make baking easier
For cookies, biscuits and scones: Line sheet pans with parchment paper before using. Prevent sticking without adding any extra grease and cleanup is as easy as throwing away the parchment.
For cakes: Line the bottoms of your cake pans with parchment paper and then either grease and flour, or coat with baking spray. You’ll never have a cake stick in your pan again!
For bars and breads: Line square or rectangular pans with parchment so that there’s a few inches of overhang on either side. When your baked good is ready to serve, use that overhang as a handle to lift it out of the pan. Then transfer to a cutting board and slice. No more messing up a slice trying to dig it out of the pan!
Shop for this recipe
(Affiliate links below)
Peanut Butter M&M Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (200 grams) smooth or crunch peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup (265 grams) light or dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup (210 grams) M&M candies (I used mini)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer beat the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until light and creamy. Add vanilla extract and eggs, mixing after each.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Add the M&Ms.
- Spread the cookie dough into the prepared pan and bake until edges are golden brown and middle is puffed, 25-30 minutes.
- For best results and prettiest slices, let cool completely before slicing. Once cool, use parchment paper to lift bars out of pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 equal pieces.