Peanut Butter Cookies
Some of my baking projects require planning, time, and preparation. It’s a process and I love it, especially when the results turn out great. However, there are also some days when something just comes to me and I have to bake it right then. Like a few days ago, I woke up craving something with peanut butter. And so I made these peanut butter cookies.
You really can’t go wrong with peanut butter cookies. Have you ever had a peanut butter cookie you didn’t like? I doubt it. And you’ll definitely love these. They’re light, crumbly, and very peanut buttery. They’re also quite addictive, but don’t worry about that too much because this recipes makes plenty of cookies. I probably ate half of these cookies all by myself.
Maybe I shouldn’t admit that. Share them with your family, share them with your friends. They’ll love you for it.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto the baking sheet, then flatten with a fork, making a crosshatch pattern. Bake in batches until slightly puffed, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
3 Comments on “Peanut Butter Cookies”
I really enjoy peanut butter cookies, and these look very very good. Thank you for sharing. Cookies are my favorite dessert, and it's nice to see something besides the normal chocolate chip cookies.
Making these right now. They looked perfect when they went into the oven, I'm excited to try them. Your oatmeal chocolate chip cookies were also delish!
Just made these, they are perfect. Thanks a lot for your recipes, everything I ever made from this site always turns out great, even though I have no particular talent with cooking or baking. So it’s now a sure bet for me to come here, even when it’s for no special occasion, like the sunday afternoon craving for something sweet and homemade.