These hearty pancakes are dairy-free, but you’d never know it!
This recipe was created in partnership with Pacific Foods.
Most of the recipes on my blog are made with traditional ingredients like flour, eggs, and butter. I’m fortunate that we don’t have any dietary restrictions in my family and that we can, and do, enjoy pretty much whatever we want.
But I get asked all the time by readers and friends if I have any recipes on my site that are [insert diet or preference here] and I have to tell them no. Some recipes here just happen to work for some dietary restrictions naturally, but it’s not a focus of mine when I develop a recipe.
So when Pacific Foods asked if I’d help them with their e-book Non-Dairy Made Easy: A Nourishing Guide for Dairy-Free Living, I eagerly agreed. It’s time to bust out of my comfort zone! Plus, I’d love to have options for some of you out there looking for fabulous recipes that fit your lifestyle and needs.
These pancakes made with Pacific Foods Non-Dairy Hemp Beverage are actually every bit as good as my go-to buttermilk pancakes, which if I’m being honest, came as a surprise. Sure, they’re not identical to pancakes made with milk and butter, but they are delicious in their own right and my family happily gobbled them up.
If you have another non-dairy beverage you’d prefer to use in place of the hemp, feel free! Most should work just fine, though there may be a slight change in flavor and texture.
Looking for more great non-dairy recipes? You can download the full e-book here. And as a bonus, you can also test your knowledge of non-dairy knowledge for the opportunity to win a variety 12-pack of Pacific non-dairy beverages!
Non-Dairy Hemp Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups Pacific Foods Hemp Non-Dairy Beverage
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil , melted and cooled (60 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the hemp non-dairy beverage, eggs, vanilla and melted coconut oil (or butter). Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and grease with butter or oil. Pour 1/4-1/2 cup of batter (depending on desired pancake size) into the pan and cook until edges appear dry and bubbles are visible on top, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freezer for up to 1 month. Reheat in the toaster.
Tools for this recipe
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I believe in, which make Completely Delicious possible. All opinions are 100% my own, as always. For more information on Pacific Foods, please visit their website.