Margaritas and white wine sangria collide into one perfect summertime cocktail!
Sangria is my all-time favorite cocktail. Wine + booze + lots of fruit— yes, please! It’s so easy and so refreshing. I look for any excuse to invite friends over so I can make a bit batch to share.
Would you like to come over? I’m only half kidding.
This margarita sangria is by far my most favorite sangria creation yet, and I just love the surprisingly delicious combination of white wine and tequila. It’s the best of both worlds— a little sophistication mixed with a whole lot of fun. It’s perfect for summer barbecues and poolside sipping!
Fill a pitcher with a bottle of dry white wine (i.e. not sweet, like a sauvignon blanc or chardonnay), tequila, triple sec, fresh orange juice, fresh lime juice, and a few stems of cilantro and let it it chill for a few hours. Then pour over ice and serve! Salted rims are completely optional but highly encouraged.
The cilantro was an impulse decision years ago when I first created this recipe, but it’s now one of my favorite parts of the beverage. Just note that the longer the sangria sits with cilantro, the stronger the flavor will be. If you’re not a huge cilantro fan, consider adding it just before serving.
- 750 ml bottle dry white wine , like a sauvignon blanc or chardonnay
- 1 ½ cup tequila (375 ml)
- 1 cup triple sec (250 ml)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (125 ml)
- 1 orange , sliced
- 2 limes , sliced
- A few stems of cilantro , see Note
- Coarse salt , for glass rims
- Crushed ice , for serving
- In a large pitcher combine the white wine, tequila, triple sec, orange juice and lime juice. Add the orange slices and lime slices, and the cilantro.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Serve over ice. Salt the rims of the glasses, if desired.
- The longer the sangria sits with the cilantro, the stronger the flavor will be. You can also add the cilantro right before serving.
This recipe was originally published May 2014.
Tools for this recipe
(includes affiliate links)