A milkshake just for grown-ups made with creme de menthe liqueur and chocolate ice cream.
Milkshakes with booze: if you haven’t given them a try yet you are missing out. You’ve gotta have one, like, immediately. I don’t care if it’s 9 am. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right?
This spiked chocolate mint milkshake is the fulfillment of a childhood dream you didn’t even know you had. It’s a classic milkshake, with a little something extra.
There’s a big bottle of bright green creme de menthe liqueur sitting on my shelf from a fun recipe I did for Betty Crocker and I’ve been trying to come up with ways to use it. Then it hit me— mint + chocolate + ice cream!
This milk shake has just 2 ingredients, chocolate mudslide ice cream and creme de menthe. You can use any chocolate ice cream you like, but Tillamook’s mudslide ice cream is a favorite in our house.
The whipped cream and sprinkles are optional, though highly encouraged. Cheers!
Boozy Creme de Menthe Mudslide Milkshake
- 4 cups mudslide or chocolate ice cream (1 quart)
- ¼ cup creme de menthe liqueur (60 ml)
- Whipped cream , for topping
- Sprinkles , optional
- Blend together ice cream and creme de menthe until smooth. Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if using. Serve immediately.
- To make this recipe without alcohol, substitute the creme de menthe with 1/4 cup milk and 1 teaspoon mint extract.