Turkey zucchini meatballs are a great way to sneak extra veggies into your meal and use up all that summer zucchini!
This recipe was developed in partnership with Go Bold With Butter.
My four year old has finally, unfortunately, become a typical kid who hates vegetables. I thought maybe my kid would be special, that he’d be the one kid to never say “no” to eating all his veggies. And he has been that way, gobbling up mushrooms and brussels sprouts and all the other veggies kids typically turn their noses up to.
But not any more, now it’s a nightly battle. Ugh.
So I’m resorting to meals like this, with shredded zucchini cooked right into simple turkey meatballs.
This is an awesome healthy weeknight meal, served over al dente spaghetti and / or a loaf french bread. Looking for a way to sneak even more veggies into this meal? Stir another cup of shredded zucchini right into the sauce. Your kids will never know!
To find the recipe for these turkey zucchini meatballs, visit the Go Bold With Butter website HERE.
Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 quart marinara sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, zucchini, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and onion powder. Use your hands to form mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat and add butter. Once butter is melted, add meatballs and sear for about 5 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce to the skillet, covering the meatballs and transfer to the oven. Bake until meatballs are cooked through (internal temperature should read 165 degrees F). Serve immediately over pasta or as desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Disclosure: This recipe was made with Real® Butter in partnership with the American Butter Institute. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands and campaigns I believe in, which make it easier for me to bring you new and creative content. All opinions are always my own. To see all of the recipes I have created for Go Bold with Butter, click here.