>> Jump to the recipe

Tangerine Sorbet Champagne Floats | completelydelicious.com

You can keep your vanilla ice cream and root beer floats, this grown up float with homemade tangerine sorbet and chilled sparkling wine is all I’ll ever need. Forever and ever, amen. The combo or orange citrus (and really you can use whatever you like— tangerines, oranges, clementines, etc.) and your favorite sparkling wine is going to win you over too, I promise.

This recipe has been on my site for a few years now, but I had a craving last week and couldn’t resist snapping a few new photos and sharing them with you.

Tangerine Sorbet Champagne Floats | completelydelicious.com

While this is the perfect dessert for all kinds of occasions— birthdays, holidays, etc.— you really don’t need a reason to whip up a batch. Maybe your week needs a pick-me-up, or maybe you want to celebrate the fact that your baby slept through the night.  I’m hoping to be toasting that blessed event any day now (fingers crossed!).

Serve the floats in wine glasses or flutes and enjoy immediately with a spoon, or wait a minute for the tangerine sorbet to melt a little bit to enjoy a sparkling wine slushie. Either way, you’re gonna love it.

Tangerine Sorbet Champagne Floats | completelydelicious.com

>> Have you tried this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below, send me an email, or take a photo and tag it on instagram with #completelydelicious.

Tangerine Sorbet Champagne Floats

Fresh homemade sorbet made with tangerines and sparkling wine served with more sparkling wine - floats for grown-ups!
Author:
Yield: 4-6 servings
Ingredients
  • 2½ cups (600 ml) fresh tangerine juice
  • ½ cup (125 ml) sparkling wine
  • ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
  • Additional sparkling wine, for serving
Instructions
  1. In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of the tangerine juice and the sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Place the mixture in a bowl and add the remaining tangerine juice and sparkling wine. Chill completely in the fridge.
  2. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Sorbet will be soft. Place the sorbet in the freezer for several hours to firm up.
  3. To serve, scoop the sorbet into wine glasses or champagne flutes. Pour sparkling wine over the sorbet. Serve immediately.
Notes
You can use any type of orange citrus - oranges, tangerines, mandarins, clementines, etc.

Recipe originally published December 2012. Photos have been updated and clarifications made in the recipe instructions.

instagram_0001_2

#EatSeasonal

Some of my blogging friends and I are taking on the challenge to eat seasonally. Check out Vintage Mixer’s guide to what’s in season this month and join us, won’t you?

Chorizo & Brussels Sprouts Pasta Carbonara by Suitcase Foodist

Citrus, Fennel, and Avocado Salad by Flavor the Moments

Savory Dutch Baby with Roasted Broccoli by Floating Kitchen

Roasted Red Potatoes with Zahatar and Lemon by Project Domestication

Parsnip Hash Browns by Vintage Mixer

Greens and Potato Soup with Hominy and Pinto Beans by Letty’s Kitchen

Penne Pasta with Cauliflower and Pancetta by Foodie Crush

Rosemary Cheddar Cauliflower Cakes by Food for My Family

Creamed Brussel Sprout Tater Tot Casserole by Climbing Grier Mountain

Mexican Molletes (avocado, bean & cheese melts) by Simple Bites

Honey Mustard Citrus Chicken with Mango Chutney by Kitchen Confidante

February-Seasonal-Recipes

35 Responses to Tangerine Sorbet Champagne Floats

1. Hi Annalise,

I just found your blog through Twitter. I love to bake and cook too and also blog about it.

This tangerine champagne drink really looks delicious.

Thanks for sharing this :)

2. kate says:

Have a little dessert with your wine, that’s a good way to go! I bet raspberry sorbet would be good also. I think this is exactly the reason I need to spend my Christmas gift certificates on an ice cream maker, even if it is winter!

3. carrian says:

I’ll just use sparkling cider and boom, new year’s eve drinks for the kiddos. Love this idea!

What a great way to make it kid friendly! You can also substitute the champagne in the sorbet recipe with additional tangerine juice.

4. Stunning, absolute stunning! I love everything about this post – the idea of “a little dessert with my drink”, the recipe itself and your photos, which are more beautiful every time I visit your blog.

5. A lovely and light dessert, I did something similar last year with champagne and raspberry lychee sorbet and it was a big hit at my house.

Thanks Sylvie! I absolutely adore your blog and I confess it was an image of your raspberry lychee sorbet I saw floating around on Pinterest that set the idea for this dessert in motion. So double thank you!

6. Aggie says:

What a refreshing and gorgeous cocktail! I’m loving the tangerine sorbet!

7. Katie says:

I love this idea! I have three half-batches of sorbet floating around in my freezer, and I think I’ve just found a way to finish them up.

8. Heather says:

These look absolutely amazing. In fact, I’m not sure I have ever wanted anything more than I want this right now. :)

9. Sues says:

Dessert with your drink is definitely the way to go! These look prefect :)

10. Carla says:

Hi, I’d like to know the name of your ice cream machine. Tks!

11. Margaret Spainhower says:

I followed your recipe but cheated and used Simply Orange/Mango juice that I had in the frig infused a few fresh rosemary sprigs — FANTASTIC! (When the strawberries are ripe this summer, I’ll try this again with fresh basil; next Christmas I’ll use cranberry juice with fresh mint; endless possibilities.) Thanks for posting!

12. Gorgeous drink. I can’t wait to try it. Too bad Cara Cara season has passed. I must remember to try this next winter.

13. This looks amazingly delicious. Pinning!

14. I am enjoying a strawberry version of this, right this very moment! Now I need to make some tangerine sorbet to try out your recipe…yum!!

15. Zina says:

You are my hero for the day. I cannot wait to try this. Yummmmm.

By the way, I came across your image on Pinterest and noticed that it is not sourced correctly. It actually goes to this site: http://www.kathryngreeleydesigns.com/blog/2013/06/simple-pleasures-little-luxuries-champagne-for-summer/4e3948af911a2783db45743eb5168130/

I was able to search some terms and find you, but you might consider filing a DMCA complaint!

16. Lourdes Alvarez says:

What a great idea. Can’t wait to impress my friends with this fabulous drink!!!

17. Hi Annalise,

I love this recipe!!! Can I place a link on my website? It’s a podcast and website catered to pregnant women. We would amend the recipe with non-alcoholic sparkling wine of course!

Let me know!

Anabell

Of course! You are welcome to link to my site for the recipe and even use a photo with credit. Please do not post the full recipe. Thanks!

18. Thank you so much Annalise! Will do :)

19. An says:

Dear Annalise,

It looks great! Can I use your photo in marketing collateral? I will mention your name as the author of the photos (i.e. photos by Annalise). Many thanks for sharing this! Regards, An.

Hi An, you are welcome to use a photo with credit to Annalise Sandberg and a link back to the recipe on my blog. Thanks!

20. Nidhi says:

Omg! Such a lovely idea!! Why didn’t I think of that I just served mix berry sorbet with sparking wine! Next time I’m adding it to the sorbet for sure!! Thanks

21. Sues says:

Wine and sorbet? This would make my Monday so much happier!

22. marcie says:

I’ve never been a root beer float person, but I’d be completely on board with this grown up version! Tangerine sorbet and champagne sounds like one delicious combination!

23. These photos are so pretty, Annelise! I love adding sorbet to champagne. I’ve done grapefruit before, but not tangerine yet. Can’t wait to try this!