You can keep your vanilla ice cream and root beer floats, this grown up float with homemade tangerine sorbet and chilled sparkling wine is all I’ll ever need. Forever and ever, amen. The combo or orange citrus (and really you can use whatever you like— tangerines, oranges, clementines, etc.) and your favorite sparkling wine is going to win you over too, I promise.
This recipe has been on my site for a few years now, but I had a craving last week and couldn’t resist snapping a few new photos and sharing them with you.
While this is the perfect dessert for all kinds of occasions— birthdays, holidays, etc.— you really don’t need a reason to whip up a batch. Maybe your week needs a pick-me-up, or maybe you want to celebrate the fact that your baby slept through the night. I’m hoping to be toasting that blessed event any day now (fingers crossed!).
Serve the floats in wine glasses or flutes and enjoy immediately with a spoon, or wait a minute for the tangerine sorbet to melt a little bit to enjoy a sparkling wine slushie. Either way, you’re gonna love it.
- 2½ cups (600 ml) fresh tangerine juice
- ½ cup (125 ml) sparkling wine
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- Additional sparkling wine, for serving
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of the tangerine juice and the sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Place the mixture in a bowl and add the remaining tangerine juice and sparkling wine. Chill completely in the fridge.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Sorbet will be soft. Place the sorbet in the freezer for several hours to firm up.
- To serve, scoop the sorbet into wine glasses or champagne flutes. Pour sparkling wine over the sorbet. Serve immediately.
Recipe originally published December 2012. Photos have been updated and clarifications made in the recipe instructions.
Some of my blogging friends and I are taking on the challenge to eat seasonally. Check out Vintage Mixer’s guide to what’s in season this month and join us, won’t you?
Chorizo & Brussels Sprouts Pasta Carbonara by Suitcase Foodist
Citrus, Fennel, and Avocado Salad by Flavor the Moments
Savory Dutch Baby with Roasted Broccoli by Floating Kitchen
Roasted Red Potatoes with Zahatar and Lemon by Project Domestication
Parsnip Hash Browns by Vintage Mixer
Greens and Potato Soup with Hominy and Pinto Beans by Letty’s Kitchen
Penne Pasta with Cauliflower and Pancetta by Foodie Crush
Rosemary Cheddar Cauliflower Cakes by Food for My Family
Creamed Brussel Sprout Tater Tot Casserole by Climbing Grier Mountain
Mexican Molletes (avocado, bean & cheese melts) by Simple Bites
Honey Mustard Citrus Chicken with Mango Chutney by Kitchen Confidante
You may also like these posts:
This page contains affiliate links, which provide me a small percentage of all purchases made through them.