A simple gin cocktail for the holidays, made even easier with cranberry sauce!
The holiday season is wonderful for so many reasons but I especially enjoy the parties and gatherings with friends. Maybe it’s because I’m a stay-at-home mom who rarely leaves the house past 7pm, and getting dressed up to sip cocktails with other adults feels like a luxury.
For nights when we can’t get out, I sometimes still like to pretend and make my husband and I something fancy to drink while we binge watch Netflix in our pajamas.
This is a super easy cocktail to prepare thanks to my secret ingredient— cranberry sauce. You’re likely to have some leftover this week, so why not turn it into a cocktail and toast the official arrival of the Christmas season? Use whatever cranberry sauce you have, homemade or store-bought.
There’s nothing fancy in this recipe, and I encourage you to not forgo the rosemary. It’s not just a pretty garnish! The herbal aroma your nose picks up with every sip really makes this simple cocktail shine.
Easy enough for a quiet night in, but plenty fancy enough to serve at a dinner party, this cocktail is a must this holiday season!
- 1 heaping tablespoon cranberry sauce
- 1 ounce (30 ml) gin
- 1 ounce (30 ml) orange liqueur, such as triple sec or cointreau
- Club soda or sparkling water
- Orange slice, for garnish
- Rosemary sprig, for garnish
- Add the ice, cranberry sauce, gin and triple sec to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Pour into a tumbler class and top with club soda or sparkling water. Garnish with orange slice and rosemary sprig.
You may also like these posts:
This page contains affiliate links, which provide me a small percentage of all purchases made through them.