These peppermint white chocolate chip cookies are super soft and chewy, and full of flavor. Dress them up with sparkling sanding sugar or a drizzle of white chocolate, either way they’re sure to be your new favorite holiday cookie!
We’ve reached that part of December where I’m ready to blow off all responsibilities and just bake cookies and watch Christmas movies all day. First up are my favorite peppermint white chocolate chip cookies!
This recipe has been on my site since 2013 and they’ve made an appearance every Christmas since then. I look forward to baking them every year! They have a very soft and chewy texture, with so much great flavor from white chocolate chips, peppermint bits, and peppermint extract.
Why you’ll love these peppermint white chocolate chip cookies too
- Cream cheese is the secret ingredient! It makes the cookies very soft and tender.
- Peppermint crunch baking chips hold up beautifully during baking, unlike candy canes which melt into a big mess. You can usually find them in grocery stores this time of year, or buy online (which I’ve done before!)
- Peppermint extract adds even more flavor.
- White chocolate and peppermint are a match made in heaven.
- No chilling required, aka this recipe couldn’t be easier!
- For extra decoration you can either roll the cookies in sanding sugar before baking, or drizzle with melted chocolate once cooled. It makes them so pretty.
How to make peppermint white chocolate chip cookies
These cookies are pretty basic. And can be done in just 30 minutes!
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix in eggs and flavorings,
- Add dry ingredients and mix until the dough starts to come together.
- Add white chocolate chips and peppermint crunch chips and mix just until they’re incorporated into the dough.
- Scoop out and roll in sanding sugar, if you’d like.
- Bake on parchment-lined sheet pans just until cookies are cracked and edges start to look brown. Don’t over bake!
- Let cookies cool and drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.
I hope you’ll love these cookies as much as I do! They’re just so dang good. And they always disappear in a flash when I take them to potlucks or parties.
Other holiday cookies to try
In case these aren’t enough for you!
- Holiday Spritz Cookies
- Peppermint Bark Shortbread Cookies
- Chai Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Shop tools for this recipe
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened to room temperature (1 stick, 113 grams)
- 3 oz full fat cream cheese , softened to room temperature (85 grams)
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar (210 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (300 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (170 grams)
- 1 cup peppermint crunch baking chips , see Notes (140 grams)
- Coarse or sanding sugar , for sprinkling
- ½ cup white chocolate chips , for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat together the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each, followed by the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the mixer and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Mix in the white chocolate chips and peppermint chips.
- Roll cookie dough into rounded tablespoons (dough will be sticky) and place on the prepared sheet pan about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if using. Bake until edges just begin to turn golden, about 9-11 minutes. Let cool on the sheet pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I like to use Andes brand peppermint crunch baking chips for these cookies. You can find them in some stores around the holidays, but you may have to hunt for them. You can also buy them online. You can find other similar products that work fine, and in a pinch you can use crushed candy canes.
- To melt white chocolate chips, place in a heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30 second increments. Stir until smooth.
- Nutrition information is an estimate.