Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
White chocolate chip cookies with a hint of peppermint, making them perfect for holiday baking. Cream cheese is also a fun secret ingredient that gives the cookies a little something extra.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened to room temperature (1 stick, 113 grams)
- 3 oz full fat cream cheese , softened to room temperature (85 grams)
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar (210 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (300 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (170 grams)
- 1 cup peppermint crunch baking chips , see Notes (140 grams)
- Coarse or sanding sugar , for sprinkling
- ½ cup white chocolate chips , for drizzling (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat together the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each, followed by the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the mixer and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Mix in the white chocolate chips and peppermint chips.
Roll cookie dough into rounded tablespoons (dough will be sticky) and place on the prepared sheet pan about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if using. Bake until edges just begin to turn golden, about 9-11 minutes. Let cool on the sheet pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I like to use Andes brand peppermint crunch baking chips for these cookies. You can find them in some stores around the holidays, but you may have to hunt for them. You can also buy them online. You can find other similar products that work fine, and in a pinch you can use crushed candy canes.
- To melt white chocolate chips, place in a heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30 second increments. Stir until smooth.
- Nutrition information is an estimate.
Calories: 244kcal, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 127mg, Potassium: 58mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 23g, Vitamin A: 188IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 46mg, Iron: 1mg