Getting the perfect swirl
It’s easy! Just follow these steps:
- Spread the brownie batter evenly in the pan.
- Drop dollops of the filling on top, spacing them evenly 1 inch apart.
- Take a knife and starting at one corner, push it all the way down to the bottom of the pan and drag it through the batter and filling.
- When you reach the other side of the pan, curve the knife around without lifting it and drag it back the other way, about 1 inch from your first line.
- Repeat with the rest of the pan, then rotate and start again, this time perpendicular to the first set of lines.