Crispy rice cereal bars packed full of Nutella!
It was one of those chilly afternoons where the boys and I were watching a movie and we needed a sweet treat. I reached into the pantry for a bag of marshmallows and an almost forgotten half-bag of crispy rice cereal for our favorite on-the-spot krispie treats, but this time the old standby wasn’t enough. I wanted something more.
I searched around for other mix-ins— M&Ms, peanut butter, chocolate chips— and then my eyes fell on the jar of Nutella. Jackpot!
You guys, these rice krispies have such great Nutella flavor! There’s almost a whole jar of the stuff in there so the chocolate-hazelnut combo is front and center.
The coarse salt is completely optional, but I think the sweet and salty combination only makes the Nutella shine more. Also, you can leave the drizzle off if you like, but why would you ever pass up an opportunity to add more Nutella?
Add the salt, add the drizzle, and love every single bite.
Shop tools for this recipe
Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons butter (56 grams)
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella (295 grams)
- 10 oz bag marshmallows (280 grams)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (150 grams)
- More chocolate hazelnut spread , for drizzling
- Flaked or coarse salt , for sprinkling
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, and marshmallows until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately stir in the crispy rice cereal.
- Spread mixture into an 8 or 9-inch pan that's been greased with butter or nonstick spray. Let sit about 30 minutes until firm.
- If desired, warm some chocolate hazelnut spread in the microwave and use a fork to drizzle it over the bars. Add flaked or coarse salt.
- Slice and serve!