These cookies have all of the spice and molasses flavor of my grandmother’s famous gingersnaps, but with the extra snap and crunch of biscotti.
They’re perfect for dunking in coffee, hot cider, and even hot cocoa. Which means they’re practically breakfast food, right? Right? I may have eaten a few for breakfast the other day and I’m not even sorry about it.
If you think you’re not a biscotti fan because you got burned by one that broke a tooth, give these a try. Their crunch is fun and harmless, and the flavor is fabulous.
They’re perfect for holiday dipping!
Gingersnap Biscotti with White Chocolate Drizzle
- ½ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Granulated sugar , for sprinkling
- 5 ounces high quality white chocolate , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in large bowl with hand-held mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on high speed until light in color and creamy. Mix in egg, followed by molasses.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Add flour mixture to butter mixture all at once and mix on low until incorporated.
- Divide dough in half and shape each piece into log about 4 inches wide and space evenly on the prepared sheet pan. Flatten each log to about 2 inches tall. Sprinkle generously with granulated sugar.
- Bake until edges are golden and surface is cracked, 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on pan 20 minutes.
- Use serrated knife to slice logs into 1-inch thick slices. Place slices cut side-up on pan lined with parchment paper and bake additional 12-14 minutes until edges are brown. Let cool completely.
- In small heat-proof bowl, melt white chocolate in microwave at 60 percent power for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. If not completely melted, continue to microwave in 10 second intervals, being careful not to scorch.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies. Let sit 15 minutes before serving or storing. Store biscotti in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
Disclosure: I am a paid contributor to the Go Bold with Butter website. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I love and believe in, which make Completely Delicious possible. All opinions are always 100% my own.
If you want even more cookie inspiration, check out Go Bold with Butter’s free Holiday Cookie E-book.