All you need are 3 ingredients to make these simple but decadent chocolate oreo parfaits.
These chocolate oreo parfaits were kind of an accident the first time I made them. I was attempting a somewhat fancy classic mousse and somehow ended up here— chocolate whipped cream and crushed oreos layers together into glasses.
Such a tasty accident!
I scrapped the other recipe idea and I’m sharing this one with you instead. It’s so basic, so easy to make, and SO DELICIOUS! I love the combination of mousse-like chocolate whipped cream and crunchy cookies. It’s a fun dessert that’ll delight kids and adults alike.
Chocolate Oreo Parfaits
You guys are going to love these chocolate oreo parfaits!
Here’s 3 reasons to make them now:
- They feel very fancy and decadent, but there’s nothing fancy or complicated about the ingredients or instructions.
- You need just 15 minutes and 3 ingredients.
- No chilling time required so you can enjoy these parfaits right away!
Just 3 ingredients required
Yep, you read that right! All you need is:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
Note: You’ll have the best and most delicious results with quality chocolate, but any kind of chocolate should work fine.
How to Make these Easy Parfaits
- Crush cookies. Crush cookies in a ziplock bag until they are completely broken up. You should have some crumbs and some larger pieces.
- Melt chocolate. Add chocolate and ¼ cup of heavy cream in a bowl and place over a pot of simmering water (or use a double boiler) and melt until completely smooth, stirring often. Set aside to cool until no longer warm.
- Beat whipping cream. Whip remaining heavy cream to medium peaks with an electric mixer.
- Fold together. Add whipped cream to cooled melted chocolate in 2-3 additions, gently folding the whipped cream into the chocolate. (Here’s a helpful little video on how to “fold” ingredients.)
- Assemble parfaits. Layer crushed cookies and chocolate whipped cream into individual glasses. I usually get 3 layers of each into one 8oz glass.
Note: You can also assemble this dessert into 1 large bowl or pan if you don’t want individual servings.
More Oreo Desserts
Looking for more ways to satisfy that Oreo craving? Try these recipes too:
Shop Tools for this Recipe
This recipe was originally published April 2015.
Chocolate Oreo Parfaits
- Approximately 20 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate , roughly chopped (113 grams)
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream (375 ml), divided
- Whipped cream , for serving (optional)
- With a food processor or in a large zip-topped bag with a rolling pin, crush the chocolate sandwich cookies to crumbs.
- Place the chocolate and ¼ cup heavy cream in a bowl. Set over pot of simmering water and melt until smooth, stirring often. (This can also be done in a double boilder.) Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining heavy cream to soft peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate in 2-3 additions, gently folding each addition in until no streaks of chocolate remain.
- Layer the Oreo crumbs and chocolate into 4 glasses. Top with more whipped cream and a cookie, if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.