Bacon, hash browns and extra sharp cheddar cheese baked together till crispy is an easy breakfast dish your family will ask for over and over again! Post sponsored in partnership with Sargento® .
With all of the craziness that has been our life the during the last month, we pretty much had to abandon our regular routine, and I’ve missed it. But now we’ve moved into our new house and things are starting to slow down and return to a new normal.
One of the first things I’m bringing back is lazy weekend breakfasts together as a family.
I cannot wait to wake up on Saturday morning with nothing on the to-do list— nothing to pack or unpack, no urgent errands to run. We’re going to stay in our pajamas till noon, watch cartoons, and enjoy a leisurely homemade breakfast together. This hash brown pie packed with crispy bacon and lots of 100% real, natural cheddar cheese may even end up on our table. It’s one of my new favorite things!
Just look at those crispy edges, the little jewels of bacon, and all that melty cheese—
How can anyone resist that?
I like to serve wedges of this hash brown pie with a simple dollop of sour cream, or a fried egg if I feel like going all out. And if you want to have a little extra fun, try adding veggies to the mix before baking. Peppers, mushrooms or spinach would all be delicious additions.
Happy weekending, enjoy!
Disclosure: This recipe was sponsored in partnership with Sargento®. All opinions are 100% my own, as always. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I love and believe in, which make it easier for me to bring you new and creative content.
Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Pie
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups (200 grams) frozen hash browns, thawed (see Notes)
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) Sargento Off The Block Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Suggested toppings for serving: Sour cream, chives and additional cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a well-seasoned 8 or 9-inch cast iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy and fat has rendered. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Add the onion to the skillet and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, bacon and onion.
- Make sure the cast iron skillet is well greased with bacon grease, and grease with non-stick cooking spray if needed. Dump the hash brown mixture into the skillet and spread it evenly in the pan. Bake until edges are crispy, about 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?