White Russian Mocha
It’s a White Russian cocktail and mocha coffee combined into one!
This recipe was created in partnership with Absolut Vodka. Enjoy responsibly.
It’s January. It’s cold and it’s dark, and all that I feel like doing is hibernating until spring. I want to spend my days wrapped in bulky sweaters and thick blankets, sipping on warm drinks, and binge-watching my favorite shows. That’s not exactly real life, but I’m trying my best make it happen as often as possible, at least until the temps outside stay above freezing.
My weekend cocktails also look a little different this time of year. Spritzers and refreshing drinks have made way for mulled wines, hot toddies, and my new favorite cold-weather beverage, this White Russian Mocha. It’s got it all— it’s warm and comforting with a pleasing punch from both the caffeine and alcohol.
This is super simple cocktail made with hot coffee, Absolut Vodka, coffee liqueur, chocolate syrup, and steamed milk.
The first step is to brew your coffee and pour a cup into a large mug or glass. This makes a wonderfully large drink, but if you’d prefer smaller drinks, feel free to divide the ingredients into two servings.
Next, add 2 parts vodka.
(I like to use Absolut because it’s so versatile. It’s also great quality vodka without breaking the bank. Gone are the days when I would try to justify headache-inducing cheap vodka. The good stuff only for me, please!)
And then add 1 ounce of coffee liqueur. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup, depending on how sweet and chocolaty you’d like your drink to be.
The final step is to add frothed or steamed milk. See my tip below for how to froth milk at home, it’s so easy! But if you don’t want that extra step, feel free to use warmed milk instead.
And that’s it! You have a slurpalicious hot cocktail that I know you’re going to love.
These White Russian Mochas are a perfect after-dinner drink, but would also be fabulous for brunch or pretty much any time on a lazy weekend. I’m planning to have them on repeat all winter long. Hibernation has never been so delicious!
And just in case you’re not so concerned about staying warm or you’re reading this in the summertime, I’ve got instructions for an iced version in the recipe notes below. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
baking tip:How to froth milk
While they do make milk frothers that you can use in your home, it is possible to froth milk without one. Shaking it by hand creates a significant amount of foam and a quick burst in the microwave sets it so that it will hold up long enough for you to enjoy your drink.
- Add milk to a mason jar or microwavable plastic jar with screw-top lid. Do not fill jar more than half full.
- Screw lid on tightly.
- Vigorously shake jar for 30-60 seconds until milk is foamy.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Use immediately.
White Russian Mocha
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz coffee liqueur
- 1-2 tablespoons chocolate syrup , to taste
- ¼ cup steamed or frothed milk (see Notes)
- Cocoa powder , for garnish (optional)
- In a large mug, combine hot coffee and chocolate syrup. Stir in vodka and coffee liqueur. Top with steamed or frothed milk.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Make it an iced mocha: Use cold brewed coffee and cold milk. Serve in a tall glass over ice.
- You can use steamed or frothed milk, or simple milk that has been heated. To make steamed/frothed milk at home, see this quick tutorial.
- Recipe makes a large drink. If desired, it can be divided to make two servings.
Top tools for this recipe
Disclosure: This recipe and post is sponsored by Absolut Vodka. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I love and believe in, which make Completely Delicious possible. All opinions are 100% my own, as always. For more information about Absolut Vodka, visit their website.
One Comment on “White Russian Mocha”
This looks great! Thank you for the nice recipe!!