How to brown butter
1. Place a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium low heat.
2. Add cubed butter to the pan and let it melt (cubing the butter first allows it to melt more evenly).
3. Once the butter is melted, it will start to foam. Stir frequently with a rubber spatula, scraping the bottom of the pan.
4. Continue to cook butter until you see brown specs in the butter and it has a nutty aroma.
5. Remove from heat immediately. Do not let it burn.
6. Use the browned butter right away or put in the fridge for later use.