Baking with coconut oil
Follow these tips for using coconut oil in your baking:
- Substitute it for other fats (shortening, vegetable oil, butter, etc.) 1:1
- Use it in the same state called for in the recipe, i.e. melted, softened or solid
- Melted coconut oil has roughly the same volume as the solid, so feel free to measure before melting
- Melt over low heat or microwave in short bursts
- Have all other ingredients at room temperature
Try coconut oil in yeast breads, quick breads, muffins, cakes, pancakes, cookies, brownies, and more!